MSD coil! 8226

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Hey buds, well i just bought a MSD coil 8226 for all you TBI 'ers out there..
bought it from someone on ebay named kiki-stuff. 40 bucks shipped to my house and it said 6 bucks shipping on it.. so i technically got it for 34 bucks, brand new, newest edition out from MSD..
id check her out and see if she has any other ones. I saw she had one and it sold for 50 bucks, i PMed her and told her id give her 40 right now and for some reason she took it.. not sure if she has more.. but i got a damn good deal outta it.. I installed it today, no pics.. figured everyone knew how to install one and drill out some rivets to use the factory mounting kit.
I figured it one more MSD ignition product for cheap down to the list.. if you want pics i can get some, but figured everyone knew how to do it :Handshake:

Check her name out for sure or something.. cheap nice mod that will help out your hoes

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Rest of the MSD ignition shit for you guys..

ignition box- 6al 6420
distributor - 8366
wires- 31419
plug and play harness from coil to 6al- 8876
coil- 8226

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
How do you like it so far? I dropped mine in today but 'Hoe still not ready to go. Oh, I might have an extra pair of MSD wires for sale, I will let you know by next week hopefully.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
How do you like it so far? I dropped mine in today but 'Hoe still not ready to go. Oh, I might have an extra pair of MSD wires for sale, I will let you know by next week hopefully.

that would be nice!:Handshake: umm well i thought it would cut some time off the cranking, but not as much as id like. But my truck did sit outside for 2 days without being moved or ran so idk if thats what the problem was. Kinda a pain to install. Was yours like that? did you have to use those 2 aluminum bracket things they gave you?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, did not think it would make much of a difference without being paired with a tune up. I thought it was pretty simple, honestly I did not even read the instructuons.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i didnt either, but it was hard to get the 1st bolt in because of the MSD screw, i had to grind it down, i kept dropping the bolt bcuz my truck was in the driveway on a pretty good slope and the bolt kept rolling away and i lost it twice.. but found it obviously :)

I just did a tune up last year, but i think those wires and plugs are garbage.. bosch?? my dad said bosch isnt really a good brand, i thought it was hence why i got em. but I think im going to follow Falconforvers E3 plugs. itll cost me a bit, but im hoping it will really cut down the crank time.. :)

Did you put in your coil when you had the new intake out of your truck or while the intake was bolted down? lets see this damn thing!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LMAO

Bosch is a good respected brand. From what i have read the TBIs do not like the spark plugs though. I am going with AC Delco Platinums, I was thinking of going with the E3s but have not heard many guys running them on TBIs and the fact that MSD recommended just going with AC Delco.

Put it in while the intake was bolted down. Today I am going to hook up the TBI, vacuum lines and the fuel lines. And hopefully tomorrow I will get the spark plug and wires in and get the timing down to get this thing finally running.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
well i know its a "better" brand then a lot. but idfk. lol.. damn spark plug shit. well ill let you test the E3s and then well see.. haha

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LoL you can test the E3s, I will test the AC Delco Platinum's

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
No F you! haha ill donate 5 bucks to you.. thats one spark plug, you have 7 more to go lol.. then you can tell me how they are.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LoL I have two brand new spark plug sets....Bosch Platinum2 and these AC Delco Platinum's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia