Most Performance for the Money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jn13.4o8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just inherited a 98 yukon as my first car, im just wondering what are the most money efficient ways of adding more horsepower to my car?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
intake, approx 250, BB tune, approx 300, exhaust 150-300 depending on where you get it installed, those are the most cost effective. BB tune alone is great, but that grin will be even bigger if you do an intake and exhaust before the tune. These are the cheapest mods I can think of. Dont fall for the "tornado" or "preformance chip" crap you see on egay.

OP
OP
J

jn13.4o8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thx guys. btw how much would a swap cost and is it worth it?

also iso ways of boosting mpg

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
From what I have been researching a 5.3/6.0 swap can be done relatively quickly & easily. The price could be less than $1,000 IF you get the engine used and do all the work yourself and if your lucky. But if your planning on getting the motor new forget about it being any less than 2 grand. If you want more info on the swap I can give you a link to another thread about it.
As for mpgs intake, bb tune, and electric radiator fans will help that.

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with shorties? I like mine. yeah I know the LT's are better but, the shorties are definitely better than stock and they bolt right up.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
What's wrong with shorties? I like mine. yeah I know the LT's are better but, the shorties are definitely better than stock and they bolt right up.

Some shorties actually reduce performance. I wouldn't bother with anything but long tubes as well.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no shorties could be worse than a stock manifold. Well unless I made them in my garage out of PVC tubing and bubble gum, oh yeah and lots of duct tape. Duct tape add a nice performance look and a great shine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro