Modded Esky third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireman297

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok people!! So, about three weeks ago Sumo referred me to a guy that he used to get his Esky third brake light full LED mod. His name is Chris and this guy is awesome!!! I contacted him and got pricing and sent the light the next day. He kept in constant contact and provided lots of pictures throughout the process. He was great to work with and I would highly recommend him. It took just over a week from the time I sent it, until it was returned to my doorstep last night. I finally got a chance to install it and it works perfect and looks outstanding. Thanks again to Sumo and Chris for his hard work. If anyone else is interested in having it done his e-mail is chrislloyd1@***.net. Hit him up and he will give you pricing and work out the details with you. Now for the pics!!!

DSC01717.gif
DSC01718.gif

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Welcome to the club!!!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good...a must mod for the NNBS guys......now time for that dual exhaust Esky bumper ;)

OP
OP
fireman297

fireman297

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have a few other things I want to get done, and one is the new Esky bumper. I love the look of that dual exhaust coming out the back!!

Vegasf6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, here are a few choice pics from this build. There isn't much technical about the project, it's just labor intensive and it pays to pay attention to detail.

Opening up the housing:
IMG_1811.jpg

OEM leds:
IMG_1815.jpg

46 Philips superflux leds:
IMG_1842.jpg

Voltage regulators and tantalum capacitors, metal film resistors and somewhere around 200 solder joints.
IMG_1846.gif

All lit up around 10 watts. I test this for 2 or 3 hours before sealing it up.
IMG_1850.jpg

Sealing it up before final testing:
IMG_1857crop.jpg

Nothing here you couldn't do yourself if you are so inclined. I was lucky enough to have purchased very high brightness leds hand picked by a Philips employee.

If I can be of help to any members here feel free to ask. I have been an LED hobbyist for many years.

Tahoe_NY

Reaction score
Chris is good to go, just got mine back in the mail today. Chris received the package the day before Thanksgiving and has been in communication throughout the duration of this project. I recommend his work to all!!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Love mine. Also i want to add that My light had been abused By Fedex and lost for a week. He was willing to help me out with a new lens and Redoing it for me. Thankfully it finally showed up. Chris isnt the type of guy to take your money and run. I had a problem with mine and he helped me Diag the problem so it got it to work properly. Also there was a problem where a few leds had loose connections and flickered. I sent it back to him and Fixed the Problem no charge other than what it cost to ship it. Stand up guy and highly Recommended

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just sent him a email hoping can get this done soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro