2012 lower brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zzz3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, just bought a 2012 And whoever took all the wiring and police gear off did a terrible job, but anyways the issue I am having is the third brake light works but the lower brake lights do not. Hazards blinkers and running lights all work normal. Changed out brake pedal light switch amd light bulbs and that was no help. Cruise control works normal as well, every fuse checks good. Any pointers or am I missing anything? Please help

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If your 3rd brake light works, then your brake pedal switch is OK. Check the contacts on the connectors that are not working with a volt meter to see if you get 12 volts on one contact, when the brake pedal is pushed down. Also check the other connector contact with an ohm meter to see it is is grounded.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Do you think they installed single filament bulbs where a dual filament should be? It’s bizarre the running lights, hazards, & turns work but no brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts