Mirrors made me feel dumb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to a different car wash the other day because I needed a quick drive through. The guy asks me to fold in my mirrors and I ask him to do the passenger side mirror so I don't have to get out. He told me to power fold them.
Since I don't have a single button that has a folding icon on it I didn't think I could. He then showed me that if your mirror selector is in the middle and you hold down the 'right' side on the direction pad for the mirrors they will fold in.
I felt so dumb. I've had my 04 Tahoe for five years and never knew I had power fold mirrors.

So, just an FYI for anyone else out there with power fold mirrors you may not have known you had.

crazycoupe

Rollin Low
Reaction score
If you have steering wheel controls you can turn on curb view as well. The mirrors will turn down at the wheels when in reverse.

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have steering wheel controls you can turn on curb view as well. The mirrors will turn down at the wheels when in reverse.

what do you mean? how do you turn that on?

Also, anyone know of a way to make to mirrors automatically fold in when the truck is off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a setting for them to automatically fold when key is turned off.

How do you turn on the heated mirror feature?

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the steering wheel controls, hit the button for the DIC controls. (Top button on the lower right set of buttons) Scroll through the settings. One should be "curb view assist" hit the bottom button to turn it on. Mirrors should adjust automatically to see the curb when you put it in reverse.

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the steering wheel controls, hit the button for the DIC controls. (Top button on the lower right set of buttons) Scroll through the settings. One should be "curb view assist" hit the bottom button to turn it on. Mirrors should adjust automatically to see the curb when you put it in reverse.

Yes. You can select just Driver mirror, just Passenger mirror, or both.

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes. You can select just Driver mirror, just Passenger mirror, or both.

Thanks! I'll definitely be trying this. All these years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700