McGaughy 2015 2-3 Economy kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belltech makes 2" rear drop springs but they are for non autoride. I think they can be used but you would need an autoride link and possibly shock relocators as well.

So I decided to go with the 34324 Belltech kit which includes everything needed for autoride and is a 2-3 drop on autoride trucks. I also got some extra 3/4 inch spacers to hopefully get it to a 1.25 drop.

Not sure exactly where I will end up but I think this kit gives you everything needed.

Also if I ever decide to lower the front 1-2 inches I can just pull out the spacers.

Here is the install instructions for the kit that gives a lot of info:

http://www.belltech.com/extras/docs/BBGC/34324.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belltech makes 2" rear drop springs but they are for non autoride. I think they can be used but you would need an autoride link and possibly shock relocators as well.

So I decided to go with the 34324 Belltech kit which includes everything needed for autoride and is a 2-3 drop on autoride trucks. I also got some extra 3/4 inch spacers to hopefully get it to a 1.25 drop.

Not sure exactly where I will end up but I think this kit gives you everything needed.

Also if I ever decide to lower the front 1-2 inches I can just pull out the spacers.

Here is the install instructions for the kit that gives a lot of info:

http://www.belltech.com/extras/docs/BBGC/34324.pdf

Sweet thanks for the help I'll check into that

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have measured mine and there is only 1.25" more gap on the rear... It is an XL so that might make a difference with more weight in back.

Also, I ordered the bell tech 34324 Kit off amazon last night I'm going to try to play with that kit and spacers / autoride adjustment to get the rear of my XL level. For now I'm not going to mess with the front.

The picture in my thread is how the rear will sit using the spacer included in the 34324 kit.

I personally have not had good results using the mcgaughys rear coils. I would recommend using the 34324 belltech kit and the coil relocators.....heres the part numbers 34061 (standard suspension) & 34062 (autoride).

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the front stock the 34324 will need about 1 1/2 inch worth of spacers to get a 1 1/2 drop I think... Not sure if it will all fit in there... But I am going to find out.

Maybe I'll order the coil relocators for the front too... How hard is that install?

Also, on the 2015 non mag ride with hd trailer package is the front autoride? I just crawled under there and can't see any air lines going into the shock like in the back.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the front stock the 34324 will need about 1 1/2 inch worth of spacers to get a 1 1/2 drop I think... Not sure if it will all fit in there... But I am going to find out.

Maybe I'll order the coil relocators for the front too... How hard is that install?

Also, on the 2015 non mag ride with hd trailer package is the front autoride? I just crawled under there and can't see any air lines going into the shock like in the back.

It'll fit but you'll have to use a spring compressor to compress the coil to get it all in there. It was a ordeal to put the 5305 in with a spacer.

I do not think it would have auto ride. The install is super easy if you have a strut compressor.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am lowering a '14 silverado Thursday....is there anything that anyone has any specific questions on? I can do a how to or whatever. Front suspension besides spindles are the same as the tahoe......but the installation of the spindle would be the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk