Matt00 2003 Yukon build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did this run him?
This was $150, with me supplying the LEDs and the new stepper motors. The customer supplied the new overlay, Escalade lense bezel, and the new needles. I've done a LOT of work for him over the years, this is like his 4th or 5th truck I have done work for over the years.
And when a customer wants a new gauge face or new needles installed when I am doing an LED conversion, I usually don't charge anything extra (if the customer supplies the needles) since I have to remove the face and needles anyways. It's no extra work for me, so I don't feel I should charge extra to install them for him.

02esky0FKSGVN

Reaction score
Welcome and fyi Those led guage lights will not work in your 03.
03-06 have to be soldered in.
Being cold out doesn't help your cause with the trim glue.
I know you're on a budget but please invest in the eraser wheel. Not only is it safer for your paint, and fingers lol, but it's waaaayyy faster. Plus you can use it over and over again on your next vehicles and friends vehicles. They last awhile. In the end you will spend more money on bottles of goof-off.

But most importantly you're on the right track getting those ugly side moldings off to begin with.
Excited to see the color changing footwell lights. Pretty cheap. I might buy a kit myself.

Since u guys are talking about the rubber wheel like would a hard eraser work? Just curious because I’m gonna go ahead and remove my moldings of my NNBS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since u guys are talking about the rubber wheel like would a hard eraser work? Just curious because I’m gonna go ahead and remove my moldings of my NNBS

Maybe, but it would still be a LOT of trouble doing it by hand on an area as large as door moldings. Maybe on just a Tahoe badge on the tailgate/rear hatch but doing four door moldings by hand with an eraser will be extremely time consuming and it will be hell on your hands as well. I bought a rubber eraser wheel from Amazon for like 8 or 9 bucks shipped. And since I have Amazon Prime, it was here in two days with free shipping.

Well, it looks like the price went up slightly since I bought mine a few years ago, but they are still only about $10. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018WG2XYE/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1

I would also invest in some plastic razor blades as well. They are a HUGE help when removing decals, adhesives, and double sided tape from surfaces that can easily be scratched or damaged with a metal razor blade.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073SWDYX9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?th=1

02esky0FKSGVN

Reaction score
Maybe, but it would still be a LOT of trouble doing it by hand on an area as large as door moldings. Maybe on just a Tahoe badge on the tailgate/rear hatch but doing four door moldings by hand with an eraser will be extremely time consuming and it will be hell on your hands as well. I bought a rubber eraser wheel from Amazon for like 8 or 9 bucks shipped. And since I have Amazon Prime, it was here in two days with free shipping.

Well, it looks like the price went up slightly since I bought mine a few years ago, but they are still only about $10. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018WG2XYE/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1

I would also invest in some plastic razor blades as well. They are a HUGE help when removing decals, adhesives, and double sided tape from surfaces that can easily be scratched or damaged with a metal razor blade.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073SWDYX9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?th=1

Yea I’m gonna order the wheel .. I watched some videos on YouTube and WOW lol that wheel takes that crap off like nothing.... I’m just worried there might be some stuff that don’t come off considering it’s an 07

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
Yea I’m gonna order the wheel .. I watched some videos on YouTube and WOW lol that wheel takes that crap off like nothing.... I’m just worried there might be some stuff that don’t come off considering it’s an 07

I got everything off and mine is a 03! You’ll get it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Trust me, EVERYTHING will come off. It will end up leaving some slight hazing though or you may even see an outline on the paint in the shape of the molding. You just need to pass over it with some polishing compound and then there will be ZERO trace that it was ever there. When I De-badged my truck I just used some Megiuar's compound on a microfiber towel and rubbed it by hand for a minute or two and it looked like nothing was ever there.

Murderhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take your time. Ask questions and think and do research before you do the work. There is a lot of info from us people who were right where your starting

FB_IMG_1508119459079.jpg 20171128_180622.jpg IMG_20170919_104026254.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59

Latest posts