Matt00 2003 Yukon build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you remember what kind of paint you used? And could you explain your process for prepping, painting, and then drying time? Also can you still smell the paint in it?

Take a look at my build thread starting at comment #336 in reference to painting your interior...my best advice is don't do it...it stinks up the inside of the truck for a long time and looks cheap no matter how much you prep it

My 5 Alarm Hoe | Page 34 | Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum

Murderhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that a black interior I'm spotting?! (sometimes pictures lie)
I painted the dash bezel and center console.. sanded. Primed. Sanded primed and painted smooth. But that's all the black I'm going. And I used auto paint with a paint gun... And let it sit out of my truck for a month to kill any smell it's a lot of work.. but if done right. Looks great

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
So I know I said I was going to start the interior, but I found a deal that I couldn’t pass up. 17” stock 1500 wheels on 315/70/17. I got them on with very little trimming, just the plastics up front. Now it doesn’t rub at all lock to lock. I’m still going to throw a leveling kit on though because with the deep bumps in the road the back tires hit the bottom of the truck (not very safe, I know.). I’ll have pictures later today because we put them on last night when it was way too dark and I’m at school at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
I also received the Corvette Servo and put it in with a buddy and my dad. It was harder to do than people like to admit, but it was fun. It was fairly easy after we actually got the sucker in. It’s ridiculous how much it helps, and even with the bigger tires it’s still doing what I bought it for and that was a firm 1st to 2nd shift.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also received the Corvette Servo and put it in with a buddy and my dad. It was harder to do than people like to admit, but it was fun. It was fairly easy after we actually got the sucker in. It’s ridiculous how much it helps, and even with the bigger tires it’s still doing what I bought it for and that was a firm 1st to 2nd shift.
Yes the servo does help a bit with that 1-2 shift. Good to hear you're progressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe