master cylinder blown? 96

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i had the front wheels off to finally replace a messed up lug stud and notice the brake pads were pretty bad. down to advance i go to get a new set. they went on without a hitch , but when i had everything back together i noticed a puddle of brake fluid under the truck. i pop the hood and noticed fluid was coming from the master cylinder/ brake booster flange area. i did notice the reservior was pressed up with fluid. so i immediatly thought when i used my caliper piston retractor tool , there must have been too much fluid with and it blew a seal. i test drove and the brakes didnt seem to be going down to the floor or anything. am i looking at a master cyl replacement? there was a decent amount of fluid on the ground.

thnks

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. will be going to autozone tomorrow for a replacement. is there a war to pull out any fluid in the booster that may have gone in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65