Magnaflow vs Flowmaster - mufflers only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nevermind, i finally got it to work. sounds agressive as hell! now that you've had it a few more days you got anymore feedback on it?

also, how did you do your pipes? do you still have 1 out the side or did you dump it under the truck? pics?

Last edited:

mech5700

Reaction score
I really like it. I can hear my GPS, talk on the phone, carry a conversation while cruising at 70 mph. And I really like the masculine sound it's got. I recorded the clip with my laptop built-in mic so when I revved it up, the mic distorted a little bit-making it sound a tad more aggressive than it actually is. It doesn't crackle or anything like that when it get's loud, stays nice n smooth.

As for the pipes, I just had him cut out the old muffler, put in the new one, and add an extension in there to make it work since the Magnaflow is way shorter than stock. The factory tip is still there still as well.

ubc405

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what year tahoe and what engine u running mech5700?

Last edited:

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use electric cut outs and have one way quiet and the other nice exhaust that way it will sound good but on the interstate you can chainge to the quiet exhause the only downfal is a shit load of pipe under you car but it can be done

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Narco, I have the Magnaflow without the resonator and there is drone at ~2,500 to 3,000 rpm depending on throttle input. To me it is not too bad, but if you do not want droning keep the resonator on or have one installed.

I think your better choice would be the Corsa Sport (if you could just find the muffler).

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to give you an idea....

Here's my old magnaflow setup...18 inch straight through muffler

th_MagnaflowExhaustOutside.gif

Here's my Flowmaster 40 setup, single in/out

th_FlowmasterOutside.gif

0-70 Run with Flowmaster

th_0-70Run.jpg

Yes the Flowmaster is louder, it can also drone.....However I pretty much have control over when it drones. At highway speeds around 2k rpm, it's as quiet as the magnaflow.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive got single in, dual out that merge into 1 tailpipe. im looking at some on ebay but cant find one that fits the bill. also, i need 3" opening.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Narco just get a 2.5" one, then the pipes on the ends of them can be widened to fit your exhaust real easily.
Or you can get 3.5" end on the muffler and just get the trucks pipes widened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts