Lysholm Twin Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Superhoe

Superhoe

Reaction score
I did do the body lift. The intercooler on the Lysholm kit is bigger than the magnuson kit. We measured before and after and actually did not see a ride height diffrence. Been crazy busy. Hopefully i can do my new mods in the next week or two.

Dark Star

Reaction score
I have a precision industries converter that is on the way 2400 stall. We have been working on the trans tune for about 2 months now. I think we have it about perfect.

Talking with RPM Transmissions they said the trans should hold fine to about 550 to 600 rwhp with the weight of the truck.

any updates on a tranny? Mine is going to the dyno Thursday for a trans tune/mod. I will post up my results...

OP
OP
Superhoe

Superhoe

Reaction score
I have not had any issues. It did take a good bit to get the tranny to do what I wanted it to do though.

I have not had time to put my headers, meth, sc pulley and converter in. Hopefully in a few weeks.

If you are worried about the trans RPM and Circle D Transmissions both do a great job building them. But, what RPM is telling me is that they have done some crazy power through the stock 6L80E.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
what size pulley are you running now? what psi is that yielding?

What pulley are you going to?

Bossy70

Reaction score
Superhoe, does (or can) the provided tuner disable AFM / DOD? In the back of my mind I worry about oil consumption showing itself on my 2010, especially if I do this Lysholm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Superhoe

Superhoe

Reaction score
I have the dod turned off on mine. I am also running a 3.65" pulley and seeing around 8lbs of boost. I am switching to a 3.25" pulley with the headers. Which should give me around 9 to 10lbs of boost.

Bossy70

Reaction score
Ok, thats good it can turn off DOD. Did the vortech tune do it automatically?

Also, what brand tuner did yours come with? On the Lysholm parts list I saw it said SCT, but "Street Truck" Lysholm install shows DiabloSport Predator.

Which pulley came stock with your kit? According to the parts list I saw the stock pulley for the kit was a 3.80", did you ask for the 3.65"?

Sorry for the questions but thank you for the help.

OP
OP
Superhoe

Superhoe

Reaction score
Ok, thats good it can turn off DOD. Did the vortech tune do it automatically?

Also, what brand tuner did yours come with? On the Lysholm parts list I saw it said SCT, but "Street Truck" Lysholm install shows DiabloSport Predator.

Which pulley came stock with your kit? According to the parts list I saw the stock pulley for the kit was a 3.80", did you ask for the 3.65"?

Sorry for the questions but thank you for the help.

I bought the pulley separate. I also got the kit with out the tuner. I got the kit, installed and tuned from rmcrperfomance.com

You are right they pulley comes standard as the 3.8". The only other add on I did was a added a larger intercooler reservoir and put it in the second battery tray on the driver side. I got the reservoir from Vortech who owns Lysholm.

I have read there out of box tune is good. I just wanted it to be perfect and done on the dyno. It should be a SCT tuner from Lysholm.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Any pics of your boost/etc gauges ? Im not sure what route to take...so many options...dont want it to look to tachy...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
man im up in arms whipple 2300 or this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019