Lug Wrench recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep a pretty solid cross-style (+) lug wrench in the back of mine.
It is good for two-hand or kicking to break lugs loose.
If you have to do lugs by hand, the cross wrench is easy to spin to speed up the removal or installation process.

I recently got a set of 2013 Tahoe wheels for my 04.
FSM says 140 ft. lbs.
I set my digital torque wrench to 139.

Normally not an issue with zipping them off with my DeWalt impact.
On one of these new wheels, i had a hard time with the impact on 2 of the 6.
They just seemed to not want to budge for some reason!

Battery was on one bar on the charge indicator LED. Maybe it was tiring out... I thought it was all or nothing until it got fully drained. Maybe not...

Breaker bar did it no problem.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditch the 4 way, its not 1972 and you only have one size lug nut. Get a 22mm socket and a breaker bar, good to go. I torque my lug nuts as well, but in a roadside tire change, I'd just make sure they're tight with the breaker bar.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to drag around a cross bar tire iron, stuck it in the garage and tossed this one in the back:

View attachment 371618

Have still never used either one on this truck.

Impact gun or ratchet to remove them at home and they go back on by hand and tightened with a long Tekton torque wrench.

I have the same one in the Hoe. I haven't needed to use it yet tho.

X3 this thing kicks butt. It's been transferred to my 3rd vehicle now. Great when I am pulling the boat and need it too for the different size nuts. Takes very little space. Nice storage bag. Once you break the nuts loose you can roll it like a choo choo rod to spine them off lol. Originally bought mine from pep boys.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
X3 this thing kicks butt. It's been transferred to my 3rd vehicle now. Great when I am pulling the boat and need it too for the different size nuts. Takes very little space. Nice storage bag. Once you break the nuts loose you can roll it like a choo choo rod to spine them off lol. Originally bought mine from pep boys.

That's a good price.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after having a tire issue on the road for the first time since owning my Tahoe I have decided that i need to carry a better lug wrench with me in the truck. I was thinking just a craftsman breaker bar and extension. Does anyone have any recommendations on a lug wrench to carry with me? I like standard four way wrenches but they just aren’t good to have sliding around in the back.
go to an antique shop and get a real one made from steel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts