LT tire recommendations for my tow vehicle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busterbrown

Reaction score
I'm in the market for new tires for my 2008 Yukon XL Denali. Would like to get a few opinions on a good set of rubbers that have limit sidewall flex but aren't abusive to passengers when the truck is unhitched. I've been reading about Michelin LTX M/S2 (load and speed is 113H). They are more expensive than I'd like but seem to have great ratings.

On the lower end, I've seen good reviews of Cooper Discoverer H/T plus. The load rating is higher on these at 117; speed is only T. Other tires I've been looking at at BFG Long Trail T/A Tours, Michelin Defender LTX M/S (113T), and an A/T tire, Cooper Discoverer A/TW.

Just wondering if it's worth going with an aggressive tread pattern tire A/TW. The primary use of the Yukon will be towing a travel trailer. A minivan is our grocery getter.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Michelins aren't cheap but they will last forever. The LTX MS2 has been discontinued and was replaced by the Defender LTX MS. I put a set on the Denali last week but it was by default. The LTX MS2 had a warranty issue and I didn't want a mismatched set.

For the money, the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza and its 80K warranty are tough to beat. I shopped around and wound up putting a set of them on the 08 Tahoe. At $145 apiece, I couldn't justify the additional $200 for the Michelins. I don't know if it comes in LT sizes though, which may impact your decision.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow quite extensively with my Denali, never had a problem with the OE Bridgestones. With the proper weight distributing hitch, and 36psi in the rear tires I'm extremely pleased with the way the Denali handles the trailer.

I will say that I did add a Hellwig 3 position adjustable rear sway bar, that did make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84