Continental Terrain Contact H/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The non-XL version is discontinued but there are still places that have them in stock. The price went up on the XL version.
In my area at least, discount tire is not carrying the XL version. All they have is this one:

IMG_4836.png

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, it looks like Michelin is releasing an updated version of the Defender LTX called the M/S 2 in October. It appears that that will be an XL tire so perhaps I will wait.

IMG_4837.png

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why I didn’t realize you’re looking at the 20.” The 285/45/22 Defender LTX has discontinued the SL version in favor of the XL version but not the 20,” apparently. The LTX M/S 2 is the tire the Defender LTX replaced but it wasn’t an XL, so that’s very interesting they’re bringing that back as an XL. I’d probably suggest going with that then so you get the XL.

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why I didn’t realize you’re looking at the 20.” The 285/45/22 Defender LTX has discontinued the SL version in favor of the XL version but not the 20,” apparently. The LTX M/S 2 is the tire the Defender LTX replaced but it wasn’t an XL, so that’s very interesting they’re bringing that back as an XL. I’d probably suggest going with that then so you get the XL.
It makes me wonder if it’s actually as good of a tire as the current LTX - it only gets a B for a traction rating. So that tells me the wet traction will be lacking.

Heck, I’ve had such great luck with the LTX over the years, I think I’ll just go ahead and slap a set on there.

HD_LS

Reaction score
I have both the Continental Terrain Contact H/T and Michelin Defenders, both of the same age, on two different GM full size SUVs. In my experience, the Continentals are superior in nearly every way. Most important, from a safety perspective, the Continentals have better wet traction. This was close when they were new, but not as they aged. The ride quality is outstanding.

M Stewart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran the Continentals on my 2019 Premier 6.2 for nearly 70K miles with excellent results. They ran well enough to put another set on a few months ago.

I have the Michelin LTX on my Silverado 2500 and have no complaints there either but they seem to be wearing more quickly.

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks All! I have an appointment Saturday morning to have the Continentals installed. Decided that XL load rating is a good idea.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the
I have both the Continental Terrain Contact H/T and Michelin Defenders, both of the same age, on two different GM full size SUVs. In my experience, the Continentals are superior in nearly every way. Most important, from a safety perspective, the Continentals have better wet traction. This was close when they were new, but not as they aged. The ride quality is outstanding.

Very interesting that you say that since my experience with both tires on the same truck was the opposite. I put the Continentals as my #2 tire though. I do wonder if it has something to do with mine being the 22”s though and the Defender is an XL in that size.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the Conti HTs on our Subaru.

In my search the HTs seemed to be the closest thing to the Michelin LTXs that I could find. I would have gotten LTXs but they didn't come in the proper size.

The HTs ride and are quiet much like the LTXs even on a much different vehicle than the Tahoe. I have the LTXs on the Tahoe and swear by them. We are on our second set.

Our dealer distributes a different brand but said he loved the HTs on a family suv and had no problem being enthusastic about them for the Subaru.

I can't comment on how they work in the snow but I am hopeful based on their ratings.

It didn't hurt that there was/is a decent rebate on the Hts too besides getting a heck of a deal that substantially undercut T Rack.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk