Lowering a 2013(maybe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering dropping my Tahoe probably a 2/3. Mine does have auto-ride and it does get used for towing. I have a pontoon boat, a 20ft Sun Tracker, and also a 32 ft Sprinter travel trailer. I use an Equalizer weight distribution hitch with the camper. Can I safely lower it and still be able to tow when needed. The Tahoe has 20" wheels with the 275/55/20 Goodyears. I will not be changing wheels or tires. Also I would like to keep it as close to the factory ride quality(or better)if possible. I'm willing to sacrifice some ride quality for better looks.

So whats the best way to go about this and not lose towing capabilities??
What(or who's) kit would be best? and what about shocks with the auto-ride??

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering dropping my Tahoe probably a 2/3. Mine does have auto-ride and it does get used for towing. I have a pontoon boat, a 20ft Sun Tracker, and also a 32 ft Sprinter travel trailer. I use an Equalizer weight distribution hitch with the camper. Can I safely lower it and still be able to tow when needed. The Tahoe has 20" wheels with the 275/55/20 Goodyears. I will not be changing wheels or tires. Also I would like to keep it as close to the factory ride quality(or better)if possible. I'm willing to sacrifice some ride quality for better looks.

So whats the best way to go about this and not lose towing capabilities??
What(or who's) kit would be best? and what about shocks with the auto-ride??

here you go and i towed my ctsv with 6 of us in the truck with the same kit no problem
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

any questions just ask and like many will tell you the 5305 belltechs rear coils in the kit ride nice

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
oh i forgot to add in the rear springs add in airlift 60742 bags and will tow better then sotck

OP
OP
MudnRox

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
oh i forgot to add in the rear springs add in airlift 60742 bags and will tow better then sotck

Tony, do you sell the airlift bags too?? If so how much does it add to the package?? Do you know of any reputable installers in the Kansas City area?? This job would be a little out of my comfort range to try and do myself.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazon has the best price. i just bought some 2 weeks ago for i think $87

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62