2013 Tahoe brake high rpm question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpdfs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all

So weird question and I will try and explain to best of my ability...

Weird issue I had is driving around no problem... Doesn't happen Everytime but I'll come to a light or stop sign and will apply the brake and as I am applying the brake coming to a stop the rpms start to go up like the gas was being hit which is isn't and it kinda does a jolt like it's trying to go forward . Kind of hard to explain and hope I explained it enough for someone to understand and hope someone else encountered this?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all

So weird question and I will try and explain to best of my ability...

Weird issue I had is driving around no problem... Doesn't happen Everytime but I'll come to a light or stop sign and will apply the brake and as I am applying the brake coming to a stop the rpms start to go up like the gas was being hit which is isn't and it kinda does a jolt like it's trying to go forward . Kind of hard to explain and hope I explained it enough for someone to understand and hope someone else encountered this?

Thanks
could be the throttle body or maf or both, or something else entirely.
when was the last time you cleaned the intake? how old is the air filter?
how many miles on the vehicle?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the RPM's going up after a downshift?
If back brakes are no good, your rear wheels could still be pushing as you slow down.

OP
OP
B

bpdfs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be the throttle body or maf or both, or something else entirely.
when was the last time you cleaned the intake? how old is the air filter?
how many miles on the vehicle?

Air filter cleaned or changed every oil change . Been doing it for a couple years now but it is very random..

OP
OP
B

bpdfs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If back brakes are no good, your rear wheels could still be pushing as you slow down.
Brakes have been replaced all around.

I have an afm disabler on it as well too..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Air filter cleaned or changed every oil change . Been doing it for a couple years now but it is very random..
You might try cleaning the throttle body and maf and see if that makes any difference. The cleaners are only $4-5 a can and use a lint free cloth on the throttle body, maf is spray off only.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
along the same lines as this.... maybe the converter staying locked a little too long on decel and youre just feeling it unlock and the rpm jumping back up?

i would also check around the brake booster and hose from the back of the intake...may have a crack in it or something that allows some un metered air in the intake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo