Lowered Tahoe questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear bump stops have been trimmed, first thing I checked. Does the front have any that need any tweaking? I know I trimmed some on my '00 GMC truck that were on the A-arms, but I know this suspension is a little different.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool man, holla if you ever head this way again!

The front should have keys only, and depends how cranked they are now, to what else you can do. If the wheel offset is right, you shouldn't need to trim anything. :)

OP
OP
W

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, I talked to the guy again and he recalled that it was a DJM 2/3 kit. After looking at shocks some more I am debating on which to get. Any recommendations as to one over the other? Also which shock did you use if you have the model number? I was looking at the Bell Tech Street Performance series.

OP
OP
W

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I finally got some rear Bell Tech SP shocks. It dropped the rear about 3/4" and the ride is a lot better, I am sitting at 32.25 in the front and 33.5 in the rear. I still think I am going to switch to spindles in the front with new shocks, however if I decide I want to go lower I am going to just go ahead and get the DJM A-arms and trailblazer springs. Still debating if I want to go lower.

I had taken my front bumpstops out to see how that ride was, well with only about 5/8" between the A-arm and bumpstop bracket it was bottoming out a lot on the bracket so I cut them in half and reinstalled. That has helped the front, but I believe lowering with either the spindles or a-arms and going back to stock keys will correct the issue I am having with the ride in the front.

Here is the before and after pics from the shock change:

dsc01227y0.jpg

dsc01284h.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm tb springs on the back of that thing asap lol

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a really nice tahoe. Nice color also. Still a little rake, but you can always crank the keys back up a little. I would of been sold on it also when i saw it..

OP
OP
W

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I plan on getting the tb springs as soon as I get some money stashed away! But I want to do the front first. The shocks are working out nicely though, thanks again!

Tahoewhat - Thanks alot! Hey I saw on another post you installed spindles, what was your setup before? I have just keys now and I am wanting to either go to control arms or spindles and was wondering how much of a difference it made. I think if I go to just control arms and stock keys I should sit about where I am in the front now but improve ride quality and suspension travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557