Low oil pressure solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntordietryin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured that this may be helpful info for some of y'all experiencing the same symptoms my Denali had. My oil pressure gauge was usually at 0. Sometimes it would go to 80 but would return to 0 farly quickly. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Went to Napa Saturday and purchase the OEM oil pressure sensor for $51.99 +Tax. Bought the special 1-1/16" socket. Installed it in 30-45 minutes. There's a video on YouTube that really helped me. I did not remove the intake manifold to replace. Need to have a small hand to do it. Oil pressure gauge is working properly now. Hate to think what it would have cost at the dealer.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your info and conclusion to your problem. This has been discussed quite a lot on here in regards to the oil pressure sending unit.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured that this may be helpful info for some of y'all experiencing the same symptoms my Denali had. My oil pressure gauge was usually at 0. Sometimes it would go to 80 but would return to 0 farly quickly. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Went to Napa Saturday and purchase the OEM oil pressure sensor for $51.99 +Tax. Bought the special 1-1/16" socket. Installed it in 30-45 minutes. There's a video on YouTube that really helped me. I did not remove the intake manifold to replace. Need to have a small hand to do it. Oil pressure gauge is working properly now. Hate to think what it would have cost at the dealer.

coulda ordered the sensor on amazon...24.99
but otherworeds. good job. I replaced mine as well and didnt remove the intake, and i have big hands lol

OP
OP
H

huntordietryin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've started buying OEM parts. From my experience it's easier for me to deal with the man behind the counter than someone over the Internet as far as warranty issues and parts lasting longer. My personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's a tell tale sign of a bad sensor when it only reads 0 or max, intermittent shorted and open circuit. My 98 Olds Aurora has that problem it goes to 125, back to 0, then occasionally reads the correct oil pressure in the 30s to 60s depending on engine RPM.

Glad you fixed it, what did the special socket run you?

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had low oil pressure and my truck sounded like a diesel at any temp. I switched to 5 quarts of 5w30 full synthetic and a Purolator pro filter. And added a full quart of marvel mystery oil and a cup of Trans fluid. The diesel clatter went away almost instantly. During the first drive down the street. Maybe 3 miles? Changed the oil again after 500 miles and the oil was very dirty. New filter and 5w30 full synthetic again and now my oil pressure is much better and no clatter. Even when cold.

millerladam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've started buying OEM parts. From my experience it's easier for me to deal with the man behind the counter than someone over the Internet as far as warranty issues and parts lasting longer. My personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

I'm with you. I only purchase AC Delco parts from my wholesaler. I created a small business in the auto parts industry and got a sales tax certificate just so I could purchase AC Delco parts at cost without having to go to the dealer. The account has come in handy and I probably do about $5000 to $10000 per year in business with them between me, my brother, my friends and family that I do work for. I purchase everything I can wholesale now instead of going to O'Reilly or AutoZone and it is much easier to work with the people at the warehouse that I go to. They are also much nicer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde

Latest posts