Lost GPS capability after update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NKemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just updated to GM# 23128606 Nav software which is the number indicated as the latest for my vehicle. It went from 3.1 which was functional to 8.0 which no longer has GPS capability. The map displays but the GPS does not operate and there is a red slash through a "GPS" icon. Needless to say, when I reinstall the 3.1 disc, it does not reload the 3.1 software so it does not work with the 3.1 discs either.

The vehicle is an '08 Tahoe Hybrid

Thanks,
Nick Kemp

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

BTW ... is there a way to hard reboot the Nav system? A battery disconnect may do so but there should be a better way.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I took the vehicle for a second drive and it now appears that the GPS is working. That said, I have a GPS logo with the red slash through it. It does not appear to be a button since when I touch it is simply repositions the map. Strange

OP
OP
N

NKemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After driving for a while, the no GPS symbol goes off. It is as if the system is "learning". It will be interesting to see if it eventually goes away all the time.

I'm underwhelmed with the Nav especially given the update and the initial unit prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924