looking to buy my first ever GMT800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Late to the party, chiming in for the sake of others on NBS vs NNBS Denali (<06 to 07+). Coming from an 06 sold in 09 to an 08 purch in 14, the differences are significant. Having looked high and low for a clean 06 w/ approx 100k was almost impossible in Cali. I was ready to purch a loaded, one owner 06 in AZ w/ 80k mi for $12k. Had the oe chrome 20’s and perfect paint.

Here in Cali all the 07-08 Denali avail were priced $22-28k at dealers and priv sales lasted a day or two. I was faced with purch an 06 in AZ for $12k, a bare bones 07 for $18k in San Bernardino or an 08 for $18.5 in Lancaster. All our choices were Denali, all had 80-96k miles on the clock, all were at least a 3 to 8 hour drive.

(In 2014) Opted for the 08 Denali w/ 96k for $18.5. It also had a 30 day drive train warr and a final negotiated price, out the door for $20k w/ tax & Lic. The dealer left the prev owners ppwk in the glove box including the title, lol! It was a 1 owner loaded Denali w/ trailer brake, DVD, Nav in blk. It commuted between CA & OR and hit all its service Appt’s.

New to the NNBS chassis, we were lucky and bought well. The 07/08 were made with the active fuel mgmt (AFM) intact, but turned off. The truck was easier to drive and felt lighter w/ the new rack/pinion vs the old NBS steering box.

The later discovered power fold split bench, power rear gate, remote start, up from 335 to 380 hp tied to a 6 SP shiftable auto w/ overdrive, all alum block was awesome. The factory 275/55/20 vs our old 265/70/17 tires had less roll and better ride. Between the NBS to NNBS it goes from damn nice to flipping amazing. The single stage, non metallic paint is the NNBS weak point. It begins to fail at almost its 9th or 10th birthday.

The 38k miles put on this truck since ‘14 when it had 96k are bliss. Tires have lasted only 20k a set. We went from H to V to W speed rated tires in the OE size. W wears and handles the best so far. Surprisingly, the Sentury W rated tires were only $1h ea shipped to the door from Discount tire on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10