****** long tubes :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
About to go pick up some of these for my truck. or actually purchase online
http://www.summitracing.com/parts.aspx?sku=HOK-2462-1HKR
ceramic coated so no rust on that issue, but what about keeping this emissions legal with the EGR?
410 bucks shipped isn't to bad ehh? I hate how some sites say itll fit and others dont. wtf.. well im thinking about placing the order tonite or tomorrow if all goes well :Handshake:

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Sweet, Hope they work out for ya, install isnt the funnest.

Glad to see your getting the coated ones.

Do you have E-check? If not just delete the EGR., if not i think youl need a " bung" welded onto your headers so you can hook up your EGR.

Edel brock makes some Emissions Legal headers.

I talked to the guy at TBI Chips .com and he reccomended some stainless long tubes from Ebay that were cheap, said they work great . check out his site to get the link.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
If there the shorties that i think i saw on there earlier when i was just on his site, im not to interested :/ idk, i figured if im doing em, do em right and only once :)

But if the buy goes down, ill make sure to throw up a write up and a couple clips with open headers!! hahah

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Cool,

Yeah shorties arent worth it IMO.

You going to run true 2.5'' off the headers ?

Single or Dual exit?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
im going for the hidden look of the exhaust. Im not sure if i want an x or h pipe or nothing at all right now. But im going to keep it 2 1/2 and dump both of them either right in front of the rear tires or right before the axle, which ever is easiest and out of the way. lol a side pipe would be bad ass as long as my ground effect will cover it so you cant see it.

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
Sweet I want a set bad but have to wait till after remodle on home is done. What else you been working on?

1BAD9T7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to put a set of those on my kids 89' Chevy 2wd standard cab... The fit was terrible, collectors ended up about 2 1/2" from the trans crossmember and one of the tubes was VERY close to the oil filter. I ended up getting the coated flowtech headers (mid length) and they are great. The cost was much cheaper too.

I don't know if they are still in business, but I have "The other guys" brand headers on my Yukon and absolutely love them ! They were 950 bucks, but they are perfect!

Jason

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
shit, im not looking to spend that much! lol. see ive heard really good things from ****** and terrible things from hedman. b
how was the performance outcome of the headers?

Last edited:

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man youre lucky. if only california wasnt a **** about all these emissions. long tubes and universal cats are still illegal. :(

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
screw cali! lol expensive as shit to live there haha. ohio has sommmme emission laws, but no where near strict as cali is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019