Liftin the old 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black97tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to lift my 97 two door, but i don't want headaches with the front end repairs. How should I go about doing this and what should i get for a lift? I'm open to suggestions. help me out please

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lifting does not break anything to cause constant repairs. Taller wider tires, bad cv angles and bad ball joint angles and the killers.

As for teh lift to get...you have a ton of options. What I always tell people is find a truck you really like the stance of. when you do we can point you in the right directions of parts, lift sizes and so on.

98 2-DOOR

Reaction score
you picked the right vehicle to lift/modify. there are no better looking vehicles out there. you definitly have to go with what your personality is. 6" lift w/36" tires worked for me...

ocelot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey im not trying to jack this post but did anyone have to get longer drive shafts when lifting 6 inches?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have auto 4wd (98-99 IIRC) then you need a new front shaft, legthening the rear shaft won't hurt either, easier on it.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did on the rear, pretty common on the 2 doors due to the short wheel base (shorter rear shaft) Keep in mine that most 6" lifts lift the back 4-5" but adding an inch or a little more the shaft really helps. I have pictures of how much mine was pulled out of the tcase after the lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats