Power Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have acquired a new-to-me, 2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. I am exceedingly happy with it, but I am starting repairs on the little annoyances. The firs tone on the agenda is the power door locks. When I bought this, only one lock really works: the driver's side passenger. All the other DO work manually. However they stick. I played around with some dry, silicone grease tonight and had some success with the passenger side, front door.

My question is, should I remove the mechanism from the truck, open it up, etc., or will shooting the grease in there likely make it last longer, if not fix it? It's a Florida truck, so I suspect salt was in the air, so I'm going to run into some more annoyances like this.

After I get somewhere on the power door locks, I'll be addressing the power windows. They go down just find, but really suck power when trying to lift them.

As an aside, is the ground the power door locks and power windows rely on the one under the driver's side? Or isa there another ground I should be cleaning up? (I suppose that is technically EXTERIOR, but I'm asking about interior motors...)

Thanks!

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz