Lift keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick112288

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do keys not add extra wear on front end components? I thought they put the half shafts at extreme angles? Could be completely wrong!

Does small 2 to 3 lift exist that doesn't use new keys? I'm new to this torsion bar suspension. Every 4x4 I owned before had solid front axles and no torsion bar suspension.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do keys not add extra wear on front end components? I thought they put the half shafts at extreme angles? Could be completely wrong!

Does small 2 to 3 lift exist that doesn't use new keys? I'm new to this torsion bar suspension. Every 4x4 I owned before had solid front axles and no torsion bar suspension.
If you were going higher than 3 inches then yes it would put a lot more stress on front end components, but that's why they add a lot more parts on 6 inch lifts, but if you go with a 2-3 inch lift then the front end should be fine. You can crank your stock keys all they way and maybe get 2 more inches at the most but everything i read about that says it makes ride quality crappy, I got my lift for 135 off of eBay and it came with adjustable keys up to 3 inches, 2 inch rear spacers and shock extenders and rides just as good as it did stock, but now I'm saving up for bilstein 5100s