Leveling vs. Body Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am inheriting a 2004 gmc yukon and it looks like a grocery getter right now. It has the front end sag :( and I am looking to give it a more agressive stance. I have read into both modest leveling kits and body lifts. Which one is better? And if I got a readylift leveling kit is there anything I need to get for the back? I need help!

First post!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Leveling Kit= Good
Body Lift= VERY BAD

A leveling kit is just a small spacer that mounts on the top of the strut so you keep the factory ride. A body lift actually lifts the body off the frame which is a bad thing.
Ready Lift does make a rear spacer as well.

The adjustable torsion key (spacer) provides 1.5” to 2.5” of lift and gives clearance to add up to 33" wheels and tires. ReadyLift® keys are guaranteed never to affect the OEM ride and will not add more pressure on the stock suspension components. Through our innovative engineering, ReadyLift® kits cost thousands less than a traditional lift kit and install in about 1-2 hours.

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay sounds good. I was looking at a picture of a yukon and it was exactly how i want mine to look. It said it had a 2 or 2/12 inch level kit on the front and 1 inch spacers in the rear. I haven't seen anything about spacers when I was looking at the leveling kits. Do they come with them or do you buy them separate?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I would go with Ford f150 keys and 1.5" to 2" spacers. You will get the same amount of lift with the ford keys for the most $50. Theres good and bad in every type of lift. I would only do a body lift if i already had a 6". Keys wear down your front end components if you looking to get 3"s or more out of them. Leveling and Lifting is often confused. Leveling is alright, Lifting is bad. Determine what tires you want to fit and then go from there. you will fit 33"s with keys and spacers and 35"s with a 3" body lift

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Ford Keys + 2" spacers

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d72/fastswimmer864/P1000945.jpg

I pretty sure hes running a large 33"

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
dang dude! $400!??

i boought, installed, and aligned for $500

but i have a leveling kit and love it... i wouldnt ever consider a body lift!

Do you have spacers all the way around or just up front? I was quoted $600 for the SST kit, install and alignment for my 07 LTZ.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMCJohn: Ford keys for the torsion bars and spacers for the rear coils as Aquino indicated. This is for the NBS.

Yeah, I got the level kit (2.5"front and 1"rear) for $125 and installed for ~$225 including alignment. This is on an NNBS.

Level kit vs lift kit vs body lift - really depends on use/expectations and how you drive. IMO they are all good alternatives depending on use, and each has pros and cons.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have spacers all the way around or just up front? I was quoted $600 for the SST kit, install and alignment for my 07 LTZ.

yup, read sig...

i have the CCM 2.5" front and 1" rear

prices may be off as i did this bout a year ago

kit ~ $200
install ~ $175
alignment ~ $60
tax ~ whatever

bout $400-$500 done

go around and get quotes from different shops...

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zed 71 "Yeah, I got the level kit (2.5"front and 1"rear) for $125 and installed for ~$225 including alignment. This is on an NNBS."

What does NBS and NNBS stand for? I'm a n00b. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrb1234