Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it bad i got new torsion keys but didnt get a full leveling kit or shocks?
I assume they are lift keys. No it's not bad, if you're just trying to level it then keys are all you need, as for the shocks, you don't NEED them but it won't ride nearly as good, at least get some shock extenders. You can get a set off amazon or eBay for about 30 bucks.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume they are lift keys. No it's not bad, if you're just trying to level it then keys are all you need, as for the shocks, you don't NEED them but it won't ride nearly as good, at least get some shock extenders. You can get a set off amazon or eBay for about 30 bucks.
It rides fine but I'm wondering if a leveling kit would have lifted it more than just new keys and if it's worth it to buy a leveling kit

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL a leveling kit is IS new keys for the front, and coil spring spacers in the back! That's it!

Some "kits" add shock extenders for the rear, and most don't even bother with the front shocks.

You can easily get some Z71 coils from rockauto.com for about $50, get your own coil spacers (got mine off E-bay, about $28), and keys (again, E-bay, $32), along with rear shock extenders (E-bay, $19). Also bought the correct Torsion bar tool (E-bay, $30).

I also ordered new shocks while I was at it, I went with KYB's, a little over $100 for all four. Bilstein 5100's will set you back about $300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts