Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forum and new to putting modifications on my tahoe. I have searched the forum and google and couldn't find my answer. I'm looking at these
https://www.carid.com/2004-chevy-ta...-rear-suspension-full-lift-kit-414903576.html and don't know if I need anything else or is that it. I want the tahoe higher but don't want a huge lift. Any help is greatly appreciated.
The 04s don't have torsion bars? I've seen that lift but thought it was for the trucks. I have no idea what to say about this, sorry. Hopefully someone with a new truck chimes in to help you

OP
OP
JBoogie562

JBoogie562

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 04s don't have torsion bars? I've seen that lift but thought it was for the trucks. I have no idea what to say about this, sorry. Hopefully someone with a new truck chimes in to help you
Thanks for the reply I don't have a clue with this stuff, trying to learn more about it. Any place you recommend for me to start reading up on it.

tlang

Reaction score
I have an 05 and I have torsion bars. Safe to say you do as well.

I wouldnt trust their catalog. OUr trucks have a "torsion bar" front suspension set up. This works by twisting a large diameter bar that is indexed into the front lower control arm, on the other end are the "keys" this allows you to either put more or less of a twist rate on your bar thus raising or lowering your stance.

The kit you linked to is a spacer for front springs which we do not have.

Hope this helps.

this video does a better job explaining it

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Z71 has torsion bars. I got a kit off Amazon for about $40 and 3 inch spacers for the rear for about $40. Both kits are pretty easy to install as long as the truck has not seen a lot of salt. I had to get new shocks for the rear that have a longer reach. Rancho at local parts store. And I will get the same ones for the front soon. You can buy or rent a tool to unload the torsion bars. I also recommend putting the truck on Jack stands. Male sure you go up 3 inches higher when jacking it up. If you have access to air tools that will make quick work of things. Also a good coat of WD40 on every bolt you turn. Let it sit for about 10 min before you start turning. A good dead blow hammer helps too if you find the old keys are not coming off easily. It just depends on the condition of your underside. It took me 10 minutes but some on here were not as lucky. Road salt used up north can make things difficult. Hope that helps.

whitey hoe

Reaction score
It takes Keys,coil spacers,shock extenders or longer shocks,longer sway links in rear,extended Trac bar links,longer jounce stops and bump stops,to properly lift the truck a couple inches,then an alignment,also rims or wheel spacers if you go wider w tires.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
JBoogie562

JBoogie562

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all that info helped out a bunch. I didn't even think to look on Amazon.

sbharrier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not quite on topic, but I just rebuilt my 5.3 and Amazon turned out to be my new best friend for next day parts, delivered to my door. Quality, selection and service at decent prices, you can't beat that these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons