Leveling kit work with Autoride/Autolevel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my TGC leveling kit on my avalanche with AutoRide tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if it messes anything up.

OP
OP
R

RMM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Felix you just doing front or front and back?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the TGC 2.5" front only leveling kit. No rear. Hopefully it'll sit perfectly level.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the TGC 2.5" front only leveling kit. No rear. Hopefully it'll sit perfectly level.

Hopefully is the key word. I wonder if you're going to be happy with that much lift in the front and nothing in the rear. I found 1" of lift in the front to be the right amount (on a Tahoe).

Keep us posted.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea if it ends up being higher up front after the 2.5" leveling kit is installed ill buy the one inch spacer in the rear. Hopefully this will help my new 22" rims and 33" tires fit without rubbing.

Brock

Reaction score
I did the 2" spacers F&R. Local shop charged $600. Was told that a 3" or 4" would be $3500++....damn auto-ride/stabili-trac!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I got a mobile mechanic do my 2.5/1.5 and he charged me $75 for front and $60 for rear. Then a $50 alignment. I'm glad I was nowhere near $600!!

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're raising the front (or rear, for that matter) of your truck, then you don't have to do anything to the autoride. Autoride only raises the REAR of the truck when it thinks it's too low. If you raise the truck, it's not going to think it's too low. Just leave everything as it is.

If you want to level the truck by raising it, then get the adjustable ReadyLift kit. It only raises the front, and only 1", if you'd like. The other kit you mentioned raises the front 2", with no adjustment -- and requires a 1" rear spacer to look level. What's that tell you? 1" in the front it all you need -- so get the adjustable kit and clock it to 1".

If you want the whole truck up some so that you can put mud tires or something on it, then the 2nd kit makes sense.

Forget what you heard about it working or not working -- I had the adjustable kit on my truck for @ 3 months (until I went the full lowering route).

Damn man when did you do the 2/3 kit??? I must be asleep around here. Looks awesome considering we have pretty much the same truck. I still haven't dropped the rear with the Belltech springs, now I'm thinking a full 2/3 like this but the wife is bitching about no longer being "above" traffic. Didn't you do the 1" front drop first with stock spindles??? How'd that work? Sorry to go OT guys, I agree it's no issue to go 1-2" higher, it's lowering thats a ***** on autoride trucks.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn man when did you do the 2/3 kit??? I must be asleep around here. Looks awesome considering we have pretty much the same truck. I still haven't dropped the rear with the Belltech springs, now I'm thinking a full 2/3 like this but the wife is bitching about no longer being "above" traffic. Didn't you do the 1" front drop first with stock spindles??? How'd that work? Sorry to go OT guys, I agree it's no issue to go 1-2" higher, it's lowering thats a ***** on autoride trucks.

Welcome to August, 2012. Did you enjoy your hibernation? haha

Did the 2/3 a while ago. Yes, I initially tried spring relocators in the front, but they may (may) have led to premature wear of the shock, 'cause my right front shock crapped out within 2 weeks of doing it. So, with them out of the truck, I didn't like where the rear was sitting, so I went all back to stock. That, of course, looked like crap, so I raised the front an inch to level things. That looked great -- but just not nearly as good as a lowered truck. So, I bit the bullet and did the front correctly and put the rear springs back in, too. Now it looks perfect, I think.

wahoo78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Help!

I did the 2" spacers F&R. Local shop charged $600. Was told that a 3" or 4" would be $3500++....damn auto-ride/stabili-trac!

I am looking into installing 2" spacers front and rear on my 2008 suburban LTZ, but I have no idea how to lift the rear, because everything I look at tells me "will not work with autoride". How did you lift the rear 2 inches/where can I get the kit to do so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts