Leveling kit work with Autoride/Autolevel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at leveling kits for 2008 Suburban LTZ, but hearing conflicting things about whether will work with Autoride/Autolevel. Anyone have this setup on their truck?

The Readylift website says there's wont work with it and when called couldn't tell me exactly why but that didn't. Spoke CCM and they said their's works with no additional modifications and no problems.

Interested in feedback on which kit you have and any problems or additional modifications needed.

Per other post looking to fit 305/55/20s under it.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would have to modify the arms for the auto ride same as people do with lowering kits. You will probably have to make your own.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Top Gun Customz 2.5" kit for the front end. I have AutoRide. Google it. Pretty sure they make one for your ride specifically.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're raising the front (or rear, for that matter) of your truck, then you don't have to do anything to the autoride. Autoride only raises the REAR of the truck when it thinks it's too low. If you raise the truck, it's not going to think it's too low. Just leave everything as it is.

If you want to level the truck by raising it, then get the adjustable ReadyLift kit. It only raises the front, and only 1", if you'd like. The other kit you mentioned raises the front 2", with no adjustment -- and requires a 1" rear spacer to look level. What's that tell you? 1" in the front it all you need -- so get the adjustable kit and clock it to 1".

If you want the whole truck up some so that you can put mud tires or something on it, then the 2nd kit makes sense.

Forget what you heard about it working or not working -- I had the adjustable kit on my truck for @ 3 months (until I went the full lowering route).

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
Looking at leveling kits for 2008 Suburban LTZ, but hearing conflicting things about whether will work with Autoride/Autolevel. Anyone have this setup on their truck?

The Readylift website says there's wont work with it and when called couldn't tell me exactly why but that didn't. Spoke CCM and they said their's works with no additional modifications and no problems.

Interested in feedback on which kit you have and any problems or additional modifications needed.

Per other post looking to fit 305/55/20s under it.

I have CCM leveling and my trucks autoride works great. I have 295/55/20s, but I hear 305s work fine too, maybe with a spacer.

OP
OP
R

RMM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Diabology thanks, does your truck have the auto level in the rear also?

Very frustrating talked to a numer of shops and maufacturers of leveling kits and have gotten very differnt responses, about a 50/50 of - No problems works fine vs. Don't touch it it will screw up the autoride/autolevel.

Need to get tires soon and would reaaly like to do a 2" front and 1" rear to fit the larger tires.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RMM -- Not sure how long you've been around this site, but there's no need to be confused by what different shops are telling you. Folks here, including me, have done what you're considering, without problems.

Have you been in the "lifted" section of this site? Plenty of people are running the set up that you're talking about -- and it's all been discussed there.

If a shop hasn't done what you're asking them about doing, and they think there might be problems, then they're going to shy away from the install. That doesn't mean the install is can't or shouldn't be done.

Anyway, again, if you're not putting larger tires on the truck, I'd just go with an adjustable front lift and not go the 2" and rear spacer route.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Diabology thanks, does your truck have the auto level in the rear also?

His sig says LTZ, and he also said "I have CCM leveling and my trucks autoride works great."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo