Leveling kit work with Autoride/Autolevel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RMM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK this is why I am confused. I spoke to Top Gun Custumz and they recommended against it and said would screw up the auto level portion of the auto ride system, yet I am seeing people on here who have done it. So I guess it works but mayne the manufacturer doesnt want the liability if it doesn't or there's a problem.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CCM WILL NOT cause any autoride problems. The only modification needed is to grind the nipple off the top of the strut mounting studs. When I took mine off and put it back stock there were no issues with the studs. While it was on the autoride worked fine.

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
Take it from all of us who have the CCM on and have it working great, not some other guy off the forum who probably owns a Ford!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm not saying the CCM doesn't work... just saying that you have to cut into the studs.. which you don't have to do with the TGC one.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK this is why I am confused. I spoke to Top Gun Custumz and they recommended against it and said would screw up the auto level portion of the auto ride system, yet I am seeing people on here who have done it. So I guess it works but mayne the manufacturer doesnt want the liability if it doesn't or there's a problem.

Who are "Top Gun Custumz"?

It sounds like you're just not comfortable with the idea of a leveling kit. So many people here have or have had one of these kits on their truck with no adverse affects whatsoever, but it sounds like you'd rather go with the advice of a shop that has never installed one. That's fine -- but, you're not going to convince all of the people here who know that the kits don't interfere with Autoride that they do. They don't, regardless of what Top Gun Custumz says.

If you're really not keen on it, then don't do it.

Maybe my posts in this thread aren't showing up or something...

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my truck with the ReadyLift adjustable front kit installed. Notice that it's an LTZ and that the rear is still aired up as it should be.

Attachments

• Wheels3.jpg
    Wheels3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
R

RMM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses all. No its actually just the opposite, I really do want to install it so can add the larger tires,I just dont want to screw up a $55,000 truck and have enternal headaches as it is a daily driver.

So the dealer has agreed to look at the kits and possibly do the install and then help find largest tire that will fit with minimal rubbing.

Kmeloney that looks good, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019