Leveling kit? which is best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLXFXR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey!

Looking to lift the 09 Tahoe. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to the Rough Country type of lift/leveling system for the front versus aluminum spacer placed above the front shocks? The Rough Country looks easier to install, but also appears to be make of a plastic. Any opinions/thoughts... experiences??

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I have not heard much about the Rough Country, but I have heard excellent things about ReadyLift. I think they are probably all fairly similar.

johnny7175

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed the ReadyLift front spacers on my 2009 Avalanche LTZ and it worked great. The hardest part was breaking the lower ball joint lose.

OP
OP
R

RLXFXR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not heard much about the Rough Country, but I have heard excellent things about ReadyLift. I think they are probably all fairly similar.

Thanks, but they're actually quite different in design. One is just a spacer that fits above the shock. The other is a "bracket" that repositions the shock further up the a-arm if I'm not mistaken.

Has anyone ever used the later? Thanks!

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the CCM and no complaints so far...

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCM 2.5" front 1" rear on my '07... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Alignment was off only minimally, ride is same as stock, clearance is much better, and looks killer!

TREYR8D

Reaction score
I'm also looking for the best, most economical leveling kit. The Rough country to me just looks like it applies the spacer to the bottom strut mount with a composite piece. The piece just has one set of through holes, so i don't believe it moves the location. the U shape from what i can tell just acts as a secondary positioning device for the lower strut mount to take some bending load off of the bolts. It also has a very nice price at $65, but no rear lift.

I've seen a lot of people on this forum with the CCM lift, and most everyone that has it seems to be happy with it, and also has an attractive price at $130 front and rear. I've also been looking at the Truxxx leveling kit, which is about $350 with the front and rear.

The ready lift has interested me just for the fact that i could modify the shock characteristics, but it comes at a price. Does the adjustable system work by twisting a knob? or is it an air system that you have to charge with compressed air?

Right now my front runner is the CCM, based on popularity, reviews, and price, but I definitely am doing some homework so i know it will be the best for my application.

2ELO - I really like the look of your truck, I wish i could take off the running boards and molding, but trips up to the Colorado mountains in the winter would chip the crap out of my black paint :( You'll have to post up some new pics when you get your 33s on!!!

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing the same research as you right now Trevor... I am looking to level up my Tahoe hoping to squeeze some 33s in there. I think I remember reading somewhere that the Rough County leveling kit didn't really raise up the front end as much as expected. They do have a 3in kit that is listed under the Silverardo section, but I have seen it on a Tahoe before. Of course the rear end half wouldn't work, but the front is basically the same. On GMFS there was a Tahoe on there with that kit that managed to somehow squeeze 35s.

I am leaning toward the CCM myself. The Suspension Maxx setup looks ok too, but price wise CCM seems the way to go.l

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+3 for CCM. IMO do not install the 3" strut spacer for the front because the CV angle would be to severe.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCM all the way...I have installed dozens of kits for clients and have zero comebacks or complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia