Leveled Suburban Z71 on GMC 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings from New Jersey everyone. I've been lurking around the site since I picked up my 2009 Z71 Suburban late last year. The Z71 replaced a Toyota Sequoia which had gotten too small for my family. The truck is loaded with the 3LT package including the Nav, DVD and what seems to be pretty much every available option. Right away I loved the Z71 much better than the Sequoia with the exception of the stance.
So after looking around and reading everyone's feedback I did a CCM 2.5/1 leveling kit with the stock wheels/tires. The look was immediately improved with no real negatives that I could sense. Of course the leveling kit was only the first step as I really wanted to upgrade the wheels to at least 20's.
So after debating for a while about either going with aftermarket or stock wheels and then if I should do 20s verses 22s; I decided to go with OEM 20s. I really liked the clean look of the GMC 6 spoke wheels better than the other OEM options. Another reason for the OEMs was the fact that I'll be dealing with the crappy roads of North Jersey and that I really didn't want to change out wheels for the winter.
Then a couple of weeks ago I came across a local guy selling his GMC 20's with tires (@ 40% tread) and the TPMS sensors still installed for $650. This seemed like a pretty good deal so I jumped on it.
After changing the wheels out I think the truck rides great. Seems more controlled and I really do not notice any decrease in ride comfort. Of course I think it also looks much better.

I plan on upgrading the tires when these are done and possibly doing a catback exhaust later.
The pics are of the day I picked it up, after the CCM kit and as it sits now (sorry for the cell phone pics).
I also included a picture of my weekend toy (the blue one).

Attachments

• 2011-09-14_14-55-07_370.jpg
    2011-09-14_14-55-07_370.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 308
  • contentmediaexternalimagesmedia203 (2).jpg
    contentmediaexternalimagesmedia203 (2).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 2012-04-15_10-51-17_535.jpg
    2012-04-15_10-51-17_535.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 487
  • SS and BMW.jpg
    SS and BMW.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 258

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good I have a 2007 burb z71. They seem to be harder to find over the Tahoe. Mine is black though. Sweet looking ride my trim is the 3lt package and I'm happy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Blakesan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the aggressive look the leveling kit gives its

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that looks good. Great wheel choice too. Do you have GMC center caps or did you order some blank ones?

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! But that bug guard has got to go!

OP
OP
B

boomer71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
felix - Right now I still have the GMCs, planning on getting the Chevy bowtie ones. To be honest from ten feet away you can hardly see the lettering.

vt - I really didn't notice any decrease in the mpgs. What most impressed me was the fact that the ride really stayed the same. Would recommend the CCM kit if your looking at leveling.

w33m4n - Yeah, I've been debating takng it off since I got the truck but then someone will say how good it looks. I have to clay bar and polish it soon so I'll take it off then and see what looks better.

Thanks for the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz