Let's sift through every square inch of a 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of junkyard scores that I’m trying to flip:

The first is a push bar or brush guard or whatever that I took off of a 2009 Suburban. It is in great shape but just needs repainted. I think I will wire brush it and coat it nicely before sale.

IMG_1170.jpeg

Ranch Hand is the brand, and apparently it costs over $900 new:

IMG_1176.png

Here is a pic before removal:

IMG_1053.png

How bout like $300 after I refinish it? Notice that it adds an additional front crossmember that is super thick and sturdy.

The second score is a full set of Bilsteins for the previous gen trucks (06 and earlier).

(pic coming)

I actually got down in the dirt to remove all 4 of these with hand tools because they were so nice. Don’t be scared of the minor rust bubbles… This is the rust belt, so these might only have 1 winter on them. $225 shipped seems fair to me for a full set of 4 Bilstein shocks in great shape.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brush guard is sold, the Bilsteins are still available. Yes, I know I still need to post pics.

In other news:

I just went through such a bad breakup that I bought a Challenger in December.

It’s a 2010 T/A 5.7 with manual trans.

Has the functional hood scoop, rear spoiler, and 20” factory wheels. Has the Super Track Pak, which I believe means basically SRT suspension and LSD rear. All of the manuals got 3.92 gears.

With V8 gas engines on the way out, I think this is a solid long term buy. It will hold value better than most vehicles.

FWIW, this is my first purchase from Carvana, so I will report on my experiences.

IMG_1412.png
IMG_1413.png

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys… I have never been more upset with a vehicle than I am right now.

Today… On two different occasions, my Tahoe got stuck in the middle of the road in a residential neighborhood.

This is a full-size truck with a posi and brand new all-season tires. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Look at these pictures! ‍♂️

IMG_1756.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
That’s one picture of each incident. Can you even believe that the vehicle in those pictures is stuck at all?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys… I have never been more upset with a vehicle than I am right now.

Today… On two different occasions, my Tahoe got stuck in the middle of the road in a residential neighborhood.

This is a full-size truck with a posi and brand new all-season tires. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Look at these pictures! ‍♂️

View attachment 418726
View attachment 418727
That’s one picture of each incident. Can you even believe that the vehicle in those pictures is stuck at all?

I've never driven in anything like that so I can't comment. But, yeah, both pics don't look "stuck" to me. What tires?

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never driven in anything like that so I can't comment. But, yeah, both pics don't look "stuck" to me. What tires?
Continental all-season, basically new.

The only point on that topic would be that they are wide, which supposedly is a bad thing on snow and ice. Ideal snow tires are tall and skinny, I guess.

But, still, ridiculous. It’s not like I’m doing something super demanding.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that at times it felt like the brakes were independently kicking on and off. That makes me think the stabilitrak is acting up.

Last edited:

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Continental all-season, basically new.

The only point on that topic would be that they are wide, which supposedly is a bad thing on snow and ice. Ideal snow tires are tall and skinny, I guess.

But, still, ridiculous. It’s not like I’m doing something super demanding.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that at times it felt like the brakes were independently kicking on and off. That makes me think the stabilitrak is acting up.
I don't see how that is possible unless your G80 is out in the differential. I drive in Chicago western Suburbs in 2wd. Did this last week in all our snow. On hilly starts I was stopped till the Posit kicked in, and then no problem. Between the weight and the 2 rear wheels locked up and powering it was fine. You will feel the G80 lockup when the one tire spins.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got stuck again this morning in a flat parking lot while other cars were driving right past me.

I eventually pulled the fuse and was still stuck for 5-10 more minutes until I was able to gradually inch my way out onto less slick pavement.

Maybe my rear IS blown? I hadn’t considered that until now. I was about to buy some Blizzaks or something but I really shouldn’t need them on flat ground like this.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will feel the G80 lockup when the one tire spins.
Maybe my rear IS blown? I hadn’t considered that until now.
Test it. Put one rear wheel on ice (or lather up the tread with ArmorAll or your favorite superslick tire shine stuff).
Use just enough excess throttle necessary to spin the easily spun wheel.
So long as you keep that wheel speed under ≈25MpH or so, the other wheel should lock up.

If your G80 is blown, time to upgrade to 3.42 or 3.73 and a torque-sensing limited slip diff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts