LEDSs headlights package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What set up and where did you get yours ajs?

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I'm currently running the H11 rebased 85211 philips bulbs (4300k) from Xenon Depot. I removed the kit from our previous vehicle and recently installed it in our Yukon. I know it's not 100% oem, but it's considerably better and looks about as OEM as it gets. I am considering going with a retrofit setup using oem ballast and reworked headlights to accept a D2S bulb like the denali, but I honestly don't think there's much room for improvement compared to what I currently have and it's espically not worth the hassle and additional cost for what would be gained. You will not be disappointed with the XD setup with philips 4300k bulbs.

Before re installing the XD kit, I quickly tried a set of LED and they looked good but, IMO, the output on road doesn't compare to the HID setup (with 85211 bulbs.)

Here is a link to another user (Prormk) that installed a similar setup...he used oem ballasts from Retrofitsource with XD re-based philips bulbs rather than XD's full kit.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2015-yukon-xl-slt-hid-install.77590/

dudesweet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished installing these LED bulbs to replace my low beam headlights (H11): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6YGGZ8/

Reviews were good, they come with a 2-year warranty, and the price point made it an easy decision to at least try something new. The photos are horrible, but I wanted to post something now until I have time tomorrow to take some daytime shots. The color is slightly bluer than the LED headlights on our 2017 Escalade, and they don't quite match the LED DRL surrounds on the Yukon. But it's close enough (I'm being a little OCD about it). Brightness and distance appear to be great, but I should have left one stocker in to compare. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow night.

Anyway a couple of the photos make these look like those annoying ultra bright and illegal blue xenons, but in person these LEDs don't look like they'll piss people off as you come up behind them or for oncoming traffic. The light color and brightness are very clean.

I purposely took a few of the photos with a higher f-number to reduce the brightness to show the real color, which looks fairly accurate on those photos.

Left Stock, Right LED
20170106_182236.jpg

Both sides LED
20170106_185532.jpg

Both sides LED
20170106_205541.jpg

Both sides LED w/OEM fogs
20170106_205624.jpg

20170106_205759.jpg

Last edited:

GoGeTteR310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished installing these LED bulbs to replace my low beam headlights (H11): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6YGGZ8/

Reviews were good, they come with a 2-year warranty, and the price point made it an easy decision to at least try something new. The photos are horrible, but I wanted to post something now until I have time tomorrow to take some daytime shots. The color is slightly bluer than the LED headlights on our 2017 Escalade, and they don't quite match the LED DRL surrounds on the Yukon. But it's close enough (I'm being a little OCD about it). Brightness and distance appear to be great, but I should have left one stocker in to compare. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow night.

Anyway a couple of the photos make these look like those annoying ultra bright and illegal blue xenons, but in person these LEDs don't look like they'll piss people off as you come up behind them or for oncoming traffic. The light color and brightness are very clean.

I purposely took a few of the photos with a higher f-number to reduce the brightness to show the real color, which looks fairly accurate on those photos.

Left Stock, Right LED
View attachment 72132

Both sides LED
View attachment 72133

Both sides LED
View attachment 72134

Both sides LED w/OEM fogs
View attachment 72135

View attachment 72136

GoGeTteR310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I am looking to upgrade the lights on a 2105 Yukon. I have a couple of questions. Is the installation just plug and play or do I need to buy other things besides what's in the link you provided? Are you going to do anything to upgrade the fog lights? It's my first time on this forum so I apologize if you have already answered these questions. Thanks again.

dudesweet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are plug & play. No need to buy anything else. Checking out high beam and fog light options now.

OP
OP
AngelXL

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go @BrianT
Here is the how to on the passenger side. Everyone know the driver's side is super easy. The passenger if you have the right tools. It should take you like 15 minutes.
The ones that I order fit perfectly with any mods on the cover.
Been rocking them seen October.

20170127_144242.jpg

20170127_144323.jpg

20170127_144429.jpg

20170127_144536.jpg

20170127_144650_001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts