LEDSs headlights package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do share once you get them installed. I would prefer the LED route vs HID setup, but I attempted the LEDs and didn't care for the lack of focus and depth provided. AngelXL's pics he shared comparing the yukon to his GX clearly show the difference as the center intense part of the beam is lacking quite a bit compared to the Lexus. This is where the current LEDs fail, IMO. They look great and appear bright but the depth(range) is lacking.

shaky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Friends...I also just installed Opt7 LED headlights to 2016 tahoe LT, They seem bright but lack the focus and depth. It was dark so only the low beam headlights would light up... I wanted to see how they would react to the stupid DRL voltage. I will see in daytime if DRL would work.
I think DRL's wont work with these led's , because when i unlock the vehicle usually the headlights would come on but after installing led's they did not come on when unlocked. I wonder how long these will last.

shaky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No the DRL dont work. Bulbs dont light up as drl. and work fine as low beam headlight. I wonder if i will have electrical problem because of this this drl not working with these led's. maybe it will shorten the bulb's life?

shaky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi BrianT, Can you please post the Link for the Led's you installed in your tahoe? Thanks.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the general consensus on led lows? Which ones do you guys prefer? Will be going on a '17 tahoe.

My fogs will be these.

http://vanquishauto.com/2015-2017-gmc-yukon-xl-super-bright-led-fog-lights-373.html

I like the quality, customer service and price, all in that order of www.ddmtuning.com out of San Diego CA. Can't go wrong with their price and warranty, which I've never had to use. My opinion you will not find a better quality product for the price!

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
Yeah I do hear their name being brought up a lot in the other forums I'm on. Do they offer plug and play versions? Not looking for hid/drilling if possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngelXL

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I could tell you. The ones that I got weren't expensive and very good lighting. I'm no picky so... from stock to what I have is great. Bought them last October and still going strong. No issues with swap or codes.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do hear their name being brought up a lot in the other forums I'm on. Do they offer plug and play versions? Not looking for hid/drilling if possible.

Yes they are plug n play. I bought the LED decoder just in case... I also added their LED fog light bulbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt