LED swap for bumper lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm afraid of those led ones if one led goes out then you have to replace the whole housing. So I went with clears and 3157 led bulbs. If a bulb goes out it's easily replaced.
You can see them in my sig

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy your led can I get the link?

They were on eBay and I have not been able to find them again. The link I had when I bought them is dead.

It was a couple years ago. I just searched LED bumper/parking lights and was lucky to find these without amber at the time.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I'm afraid of those led ones if one led goes out then you have to replace the whole housing. So I went with clears and 3157 led bulbs. If a bulb goes out it's easily replaced.
You can see them in my sig
Same thing I thought when I had my NBS, and you can run switchbacks

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my quad switchbacks, one of my first mods ;)

Do you have a video of yours flashing? I was wondering how people handled the corner bulb with the quad switchbacks. I think it would look weird if it was white and alternating while everything else was flashing orange, but it would also look weird orange while everything else was normally white.

The only way I could think that wouldn't be so bad would be if you got the kind of switchbacks that alternate between white and orange as they flash, then when they are white the corner bulb would also be on and be white.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a video of yours flashing? I was wondering how people handled the corner bulb with the quad switchbacks. I think it would look weird if it was white and alternating while everything else was flashing orange, but it would also look weird orange while everything else was normally white.

The only way I could think that wouldn't be so bad would be if you got the kind of switchbacks that alternate between white and orange as they flash, then when they are white the corner bulb would also be on and be white.
That's the way mine are. I have white led corner bulbs and the switchbacks go to white when flashing. It gets your attention.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

There's a type 1 and a type 2 style switchbacks. It's based on the design of the bulb.
I have the type one with insane bright white cob 194 corner bulbs that grab people's attention like red stated.
Type 1

Then these are type 2

Not my videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts