L8t 427 Whipple charged Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part number for that sensor?
Unfortunately I do not. My technician worked out the small odds and ends during the install and honestly that part was such a small detail to me in the grand scheme of things, I didn't ask. I remember the guy who inspired this swap telling me about the fuel rail sensor and my technician confirmed after install that the "fuel rail sensor was different".

Your swap looks so legit. I've enjoyed watching your progress!

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not. My technician worked out the small odds and ends during the install and honestly that part was such a small detail to me in the grand scheme of things, I didn't ask. I remember the guy who inspired this swap telling me about the fuel rail sensor and my technician confirmed after install that the "fuel rail sensor was different".

Your swap looks so legit. I've enjoyed watching your progress!
I appreciate it. I’ll make a call to jannety racing tomorrow and talk to Ted and see what I can figure out. Spdc has a YouTube video out that’s a couple years old explain the sensor. I guess from 14-16 it was a 3 pin analog sensor and 17 and up was a 4 pin digital. Thankfully it won’t be super difficult to swap it out without the supercharger on.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
@L8T BURB had to do it on his. I'm looking at doing this swap myself on my 2014. So I would like to know where the wire needs to go.
Is the 2014 the last year of the Vortec? If so, the swap to 6.6 may prove to be a little more difficult, as the Vortec engines are port injected whereas the 2015+ 5.3, 6.2, and the L8T are all direct injected. Definitely not saying the swap is impossible, but something worth checking on.

buckwild27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the 2014 the last year of the Vortec? If so, the swap to 6.6 may prove to be a little more difficult, as the Vortec engines are port injected whereas the 2015+ 5.3, 6.2, and the L8T are all direct injected. Definitely not saying the swap is impossible, but something worth checking on.
It's direct injected. It's a 2014 sierra

buckwild27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I’ll make a call to jannety racing tomorrow and talk to Ted and see what I can figure out. Spdc has a YouTube video out that’s a couple years old explain the sensor. I guess from 14-16 it was a 3 pin analog sensor and 17 and up was a 4 pin digital. Thankfully it won’t be super difficult to swap it out without the supercharger on.
I am also enjoying your build thread. And I look forward to what you find out about the fuel rail sensor

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so Ted got back to me this morning about the fuel pressure sensor and wiring. He said, at least in my application, no rewiring is needed and the 3 pin sensor is fine.

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Made some pretty good progress the last few days when I can find the time to get out to the shop. Got my headers all wrapped up, Morimoto headlights/tail lights installed, radiator put back in, and finally got around to making my 6 an trans cooler lines. Tomorrow I plan on digging into the front end. Hopefully I’ll have the brakes installed, along with the biking coilovers and djm lower control arms.

So on a more annoying side note my rear hatch decided to take a dump on me. So I guess I’ll add a new latch to the massive to do list still left.

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1833.jpeg
    IMG_1833.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made some pretty good progress the last few days when I can find the time to get out to the shop. Got my headers all wrapped up, Morimoto headlights/tail lights installed, radiator put back in, and finally got around to making my 6 an trans cooler lines. Tomorrow I plan on digging into the front end. Hopefully I’ll have the brakes installed, along with the biking coilovers and djm lower control arms.

So on a more annoying side note my rear hatch decided to take a dump on me. So I guess I’ll add a new latch to the massive to do list still left.
which radiator did you go with? the all aluminum ones are notorious for springing a leak sooner or later.....

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
which radiator did you go with? the all aluminum ones are notorious for springing a leak sooner or later.....
Mishimoto. I’ve used them in all sorts of vehicles including my zl1 and haven’t really had an issue but their customer service is top notch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660