L8t 427 Whipple charged Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I’m in the middle of swapping my tired l86 out with a l8t stroker with a gen 5 whipple on top with all the supporting mods. Trans was built by tkr to hold 1000hp with a circle d billet converter. The issue that I am running into is a good choice for a drive shaft. Seeing that it’s 65 inches critical speed is going to be an issue. Does anyone have a go to for long high horse power drive shafts?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m in the middle of swapping my tired l86 out with a l8t stroker with a gen 5 whipple on top with all the supporting mods. Trans was built by tkr to hold 1000hp with a circle d billet converter. The issue that I am running into is a good choice for a drive shaft. Seeing that it’s 65 inches critical speed is going to be an issue. Does anyone have a go to for long high horse power drive shafts?
welcome to the forum
https://pstds.com/ did a 3.5" chromoly/billet ends for mine, its only like 50" tho (shorty/4wd)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_1767.jpegQuick update before I get the heads back on. Got the pushrods measured out all within 7.95 to 7.97 with the Johnson tie bar lifters. Still waiting on the c5r timing chain to come in from Katech. Ended up ditching vvt all together and went with the LME set up. For the money this piece is mint. Super quality and an amazing fit. Had to go ahead and ditch the crap rubber engine mounts and went with atomic. Again these guys knocked it out of the park with the fit and quality.
The head gaskets should be here either Monday or Tuesday and then I’ll have to head back to work over in midland for a few weeks. Over all I’m super stoked for the build and the wife is getting pretty excited for have her Mommy Missile just about buttoned up.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1770.jpeg
    IMG_1770.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1769.jpeg
    IMG_1769.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 26

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 419999Quick update before I get the heads back on. Got the pushrods measured out all within 7.95 to 7.97 with the Johnson tie bar lifters. Still waiting on the c5r timing chain to come in from Katech. Ended up ditching vvt all together and went with the LME set up. For the money this piece is mint. Super quality and an amazing fit. Had to go ahead and ditch the crap rubber engine mounts and went with atomic. Again these guys knocked it out of the park with the fit and quality.
The head gaskets should be here either Monday or Tuesday and then I’ll have to head back to work over in midland for a few weeks. Over all I’m super stoked for the build and the wife is getting pretty excited for have her Mommy Missile just about buttoned up.
looks like fun - whats the plan for fueling that 1000hp?
katech will mod the whipple for port injection iirc

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks like fun - whats the plan for fueling that 1000hp?
katech will mod the whipple for port injection iirc
Fic lt4 30 over on the high side walbro 525 on the low side. Gpi cam has a 32 over fuel lobe and then a lt4 high side pump. Unfortunately there is no E85 close to me at all and with this being a daily driver driving 45 minutes to fill up isnt in the picture. It’ll be tuned on 91 pump gas. I’m hoping to see 700ish to the wheel with low boost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts