Kicker HS8 with Bose system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone installed one? I put one in my truck and it's great.

Getting a new 16 Yukon XL Denali Wednesday and I just can't stand the lack of bass anymore.

The Kicker HS8 is designed to just tap the LR and RR +/- speaker wires and that's it. No remote turn on or anything. Use high level input and it does the rest. I'd just have to power and ground it. I didn't know if the bose system and/or factory amp would affect that or not.

Let me know of anybody knows I'd I can just tap the rear door speakers and get me some bass.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you planning to install it in the truck?

i too would like to upgrade the subwoofer but im looking for a stealth install

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind the 3rd row, haven't really thought much further until I can confirm someone has made it work.

Honestly, now that I have my new one, the sound system in it is so much better than my 15 I think I may leave it alone. We've gone from about a 6 to an 8.5/10 with the new one.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still consider installing it. You could then lower the bass on the rest of the factory system so you can turn it up louder without distortion.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't stand the lack of bass anymore.

Lack of bass? My 2016 bass is insane. In fact it's almost comical how much bass it has for a factory system...

What am I missing?

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie the Bose in my 16' platinum sounds pretty damn good. in my past Escalades I used JL audio 10W7s. This time around I may just add a flat 10" sub just for that little something I'm missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nortonte