Bose 9 speaker system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1captain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like the 9 speaker Bose stereo system sounds like something from wallmart? I come from a musical background so the tunes are kinda important but after fumbling with all the settings for the last few months i find the sound system to be sub par! Any one??? Or have any of you done mods to the stock system?
Appreciate any advice/input....

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't really have specific input here i did have the monsoon bose in an 07. it sounded pretty good but i replaced the hu as the disc changer was going nuts and that took it to a new level of awesome. everything sounded crisper and the bass was alot better.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Bose systems, simply because they don't produce the sound that I'm looking for. It's a personal opinion, of course.

One of the first mods that I did to my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali was the strip out the Bose system and replace it with a complete aftermarket system.

K5-Z71

Reaction score
Ive got the same stock system, I agree its terrible. Coaxial speakers in the top deck was a huge upgrade in mine, I also installed the Esky 10" subwoofer into the cargo area. Having the highs and lows extended a bit really helped bring the system to an okay state. I suppose the next step would be to run independent amplification to all speakers then go about replacing drivers but I personally dont see the point in going too far down the audio rabbit hole in this vehicle...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like the 9 speaker Bose stereo system sounds like something from wallmart? I come from a musical background so the tunes are kinda important but after fumbling with all the settings for the last few months i find the sound system to be sub par! Any one??? Or have any of you done mods to the stock system?
Appreciate any advice/input....
disable the ANC mic's and that will help, that will also allow you add a aftermarket sub woofer without feedback causing problems

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no ANC in this model, that we know of.
I guess it is only on the 10 speaker systems in the T1's
they call it audiopilot

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '09 LTZ that came with the Bose system. I was never impressed until I upgraded the head unit to a Pioneer AVIC 8400 something. I did that to gain direct bluetooth streaming but have fallen in love with Android Auto.

The new head unit with the Bose amp and stock old speakers sounds much better.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '09 LTZ that came with the Bose system. I was never impressed until I upgraded the head unit to a Pioneer AVIC 8400 something. I did that to gain direct bluetooth streaming but have fallen in love with Android Auto.

The new head unit with the Bose amp and stock old speakers sounds much better.
Does your Pioneer retain the center channel? I also have an 09 Tahoe LTZ, and I know it's only a matter of time that my factory head unit will crap out on me. Your post has opened my eyes to ideas, haha

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to contact Crutchfield for a lot of details. I bought it from them and installed it myself. I had to use my multi-tool to chop some plastic out deep in the radio compartment. Once that was done things fit well. I posted somewhere on this forum - under the GMT900 section - but don't remember if I created my own thread or tacked on to another.

I know I also posted about full time power to the backup camera so I can pop open the view any time I want. Very useful if you're towing and want to check on your load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz