Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The goofball above me speaks the truth. I notice a few MPG increase when I run the good stuff, 89 even. It also doesn't knock when I'm romping on it.

That is why I started running 89... I just don't see the cost to benefit ratio for running 93, which is why I am tuning for 89.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
That is why I started running 89... I just don't see the cost to benefit ratio for running 93, which is why I am tuning for 89.

I think this is my plan, too. We don't have 91, and the 93 is about 0.60 more than 89. My truck likes the 89 pretty well. Noticeably better than 87. I haven't felt as big of a difference with the 93, although I've never run it more than one tank in a row.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is my plan, too. We don't have 91, and the 93 is about 0.60 more than 89. My truck likes the 89 pretty well. Noticeably better than 87. I haven't felt as big of a difference with the 93, although I've never run it more than one tank in a row.

My results exactly. I've never kept the Tahoe long enough to run more than a tank of 89 or 93. But, for that one tank, everything felt and ran noticeably better. Jenn puts cat piss in it, but she doesn't drive it like I do, either. Most of her daily commute is idling in the I-10 parking lot.

It's been found numerous times that these things prefer 89 or higher. It may even recommend it in the manual (I doubt it, though). BB and other tuners report the same.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackbear Performance states that our engines run best on 89-octane at a minimum. I might not believe some yokel on here claiming that, but I believe them.

My Tahoe has an 89-octane tune, but I fill it with 93-octane regularly. My logic is that it's not that much more money, and since I can't really be sure about the actual quality of gasoline at any of the stations that I visit, the higher octane may possibly help offset $hitty fuel.

This is my logic. There are many like it, but this is mine. Do not try to assert your logic upon me, as I enjoy my logic and will reject yours. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667