Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here with my '79 Regal! LOL Uncle used to tow a boat with it and would jack it up to look cool. Yeah, I had to do the front end too on that one! I later aired them down and put Air Lift bags in the springs for drag racing.

Hey Pete, did you take a sharpie to your avatar or did you do something to your truck?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love the look but I still have a few bugs to work out. I wasn't 100% sure where it would rub the wheel liners so I had to drive it a bit to show me where it needs to be massaged. Also on bigger bumps the front tires hit the top of the inner wheel well so I have to see if I can persuade it a little, but over all the ride isn't bad.

At first I rode it without any air in the rear shocks and it would bottom out and the bump stop on the axle was only about 1/2" from the frame when sitting. I didn't get the little pancake bumpstops that originally came with this kit so i ordered some of the bullet shaped 1.5" stops. Maybe i should cut them in half to get a little more travel.

And before anyone asks, YES, I did do the free travel mod. I don't know how you could not do it without just sitting on the axle all the time. Maybe mine sits lower in the back because the 6" springs are for a Tahoe and I have a long body so it's heavier, I don't know.

I still want to put shorter end links on the front sway bar and I need to do a little more adjusting on the auto level links out back. Also the rear sway bar is almost touching if not touching the bladder on the right rear air shock so I need to make a little room there before it rubs a hole in the bladder.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here with my '79 Regal! LOL Uncle used to tow a boat with it and would jack it up to look cool. Yeah, I had to do the front end too on that one! I later aired them down and put Air Lift bags in the springs for drag racing.

Hey Pete, did you take a sharpie to your avatar or did you do something to your truck?
Ahhhhh, photoshop...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just the fact that a part that is really for a 63 lincoln is mentioned in here is great... showin’ someones age.....which brings me to my 79 monte carlo that had air shocks that had the fill next to the gas tank fill, hidden behind the drop down license plate..... still love that design... i pumped them bitches all the way up, slapped the deep dish cragers from my old mans 76 vette on there and road ass up for a month or two...talk about kidney busting...i wore the front end out quick in that short amt of time tho so they had to come off...ahhhh crager ss’s..... those were good times...
Ahhh, had Keystone Classics on Pro Trac 60's on the rear of my Camaro. Remember those?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, had Keystone Classics on Pro Trac 60's on the rear of my Camaro. Remember those?
Keystones, with their oval lug holes and washers... same 79 monte... rear tire went rolling past me on the palisades pkwy...because i didnt tighten the lugs and line up the washers... only had 3 lugs on tho.... my fault....lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Keystones, with their oval lug holes and washers... same 79 monte... rear tire went rolling past me on the palisades pkwy...because i didnt tighten the lugs and line up the washers... only had 3 lugs on tho.... my fault....lol
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Luckily, I never had that happen.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Got the wheel liners massaged so no more rubbing.

Installed a .5" spacer on drivers side to compensate for the GM lean.

I know I could have left a spacer ring on the driver's side strut but I followed Belltechs directions for autoride equipped vehicles and I wasn't about to go to the trouble of pulling the spring back off to put a spacer below the spring seat when my brother had a .5" spacer from a lift kit just laying around.

Here is Belltech's instructions...

rps20180317_190817_338.jpg

It clearly states for 2" lowering on vehicles without autoride to use one 10mm ring BUT for vehicles with autoride to not use any spacers.

The Burb definitely set lower on the driver's side before adding the spacer and most of my rubbing on small dips was on the driver's side. Now it sets pretty level and it takes a pretty big dip to get the tire to make contact with the top of the wheel well.

I also massaged the top of the wheel wells with a small sledge and shortened the auto level links out back and trimmed the bump stops down.

So long story short no more rubbing when turning lock to lock and no more rubbing on dips in the road so I am happy and more importantly my wife is happy.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I also modified to air box the way this post describes...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/diy-cai-stock-intake-mod.49875/

Not sure if it will make any appreciable difference but it certainly can't hurt anything.

rps20180317_193024_992.jpg
I cut where the red lines are to open up the inlet for the air box and then "port matched" the air box as such.
rps20180317_193237_278.jpg

I haven't driven it yet to see if there is any difference in sound or performance.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Nice mods brother [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne