Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well, what's the word on the speakers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am very happy with the results. I went back in and cut the bottom of the baffles to let them have some more air space and they sound great.

SwedeBurban

Reaction score
I believe my tail light mods were next on the list so here is a link to that thread in case anyone wants more info on it:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2008-suburban-custom-tail-light-mod.92274/

And a couple videos to show the results.

Then I picked up a ready to mod Esky 3rd HMSL and spoiler from Lee @goodinblack for a song :signs6:

When I received it the spoiler was black... imagine that... so I had to paint it with the WDT 3 stage paint to make it match the Burb.
rps20180125_220552_707-jpg.191431

I decided before I ever bought this from Lee that if I ever did the Esky 3rd, I was determined to do it differently from everyone else's. I know what your thinking, "having a full width modded Esky 3rd is already different" , and you are right... there are but a select few (in the overall grand scheme of things) that have it, BUT I wanted to be in the .0001% club.... lol

So I decided to integrate turn signals into it while still allowing for the brake function... kind of like the "line of fire" LED strips under the tailgate of a truck... certainly NOT an original idea, BUT definitely an innovative and original execution in my opinion.

Since that video I have actually replaced the top brake light bulbs with another set of the strobing bulbs I have in the "new" lower brake light so I guess I need to get another video.

Is there a separate wire for the turb signal?
I remember om my Escalade ESV 2008 that the turn and brake light was a single wire.
/Eric

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Is there a separate wire for the turb signal?
I remember om my Escalade ESV 2008 that the turn and brake light was a single wire.
/Eric

Yes... on the Tahoes and Suburbans the turn signals are separate... interestingly enough the Avalanche, which you would think would use the short body Tahoe harness, evidently uses the Silverado harness because the turns and brakes are integrated together... kinda like the Esky.

My truck now looks like the Avy/Silvy when braking (upper and lower bulbs light up as brake lights) but I still have a separate bulb for turns.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Is that a stock 3rd break light or is that the caddy style 3?

Big Pete!

It is an Escalade 3rd brake light that I modified to light up full width and incorporated the turn signals in it as well.... only one on the planet like it..... to my knowledge.

The big Pete always got run through the Blue Beacon truck wash and gets wax and Rain-X takes about 30 mins for truck and trailer... with about 6 guys.

Last edited:

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an Escalade 3rd brake light that I modified to light up full width and incorporated the turn signals in it as well.... only one on the planet like it..... to my knowledge.

The big Pete always got run through the Blue Beacon truck wash and gets wax and Rain-X takes about 30 mins for truck and trailer... with about 6 guys.
Wow! Well props to the 18-4-2! I cant have a 2. Wifie said I'd kill my self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts