Just Shut Off-03 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

That's an awesome how-to video! Thanks! I hope it's as easy as he made it seem.
I'm going to do some mods in the future, is there another pump you guys would recommend? I'm planning on cai, exhaust, some tuning maybe. Should I just go stock pump or a little bigger? Also--anyone know any good sites for prices?

Last edited:

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. Anyone know how much more would be required for a Flex Fuel vehicle?

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome how-to video! Thanks! I hope it's as easy as he made it seem.
I'm going to do some mods in the future, is there another pump you guys would recommend? I'm planning on cai, exhaust, some tuning maybe. Should I just go stock pump or a little bigger? Also--anyone know any good sites for prices?

cai, exhaust, and tune IMO would not need a bigger pump. im not sure the capabilities of the stock fuel pump, but intake and exhaust wont require THAT much more fuel. i bought my acdelco from the local advance auto, but it was my only option with my truck broke down. it was around $300 at advance, and you can find them for around $250 on ebay.

Yeah no kidding. Anyone know how much more would be required for a Flex Fuel vehicle?

again, no personal experience, but i doubt that would change anything. i assume, the pump itself(part number) may be different, but its plumbed and all the same way

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The Truck has 214,000 on it, and I find it hard to believe it has the original pump in it. It doesn't stumble, no rough idle, it has plenty of power. Other then the shutting off, it has no other symptoms of a bad pump or pump going bad. some suggested that I shouldcheck the harness plug, that these are known to be problmatic also. This Hoe runs like a champ!! It used to be owned by a corporation and I find it hard to believe that they would cheap out on something. They put a BRAND NEW transfer case in it before I bought it!
Anyone think it might be the plug? When it stalled out I was running on a smooth road tho.
Just trying to pick your brains guys.:leghump:

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the harness plug for what? the pump?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just went on a 3 1/2 trip to Pa, truck drove great most of the way. We were 15 mins from where we had to be and it kept dying! We were on a pretty big hill but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. The first time it died it took about 30 mins before it would start again. I got under the truck and my girl turned the key, the fuel pump sounded great--nice and strong. Once it finally started it stalled a few more times. We let it sit for maybe 3 mins and each time it started with no problems. It was fine after that! we were in Scranton and there's some killer hills there and it performed flawlessly! what gives? Sometimes this problem doesn't pop up for weeks! Then all of the sudden 3 times in a row? when I do drive it(not an everyday vehicle)I drive it a good ways. I talked to a mechanic and he said it sounded like a heat soak issue but he had no other ideas. Can anyone suggest anything that might be affected with heat soak which would cause it to just die on the road? This thing is really pissing me off now! Also it seems the overflow bottle is low again and I refilled it about 1-2 months ago. Oil is clean so I think the headgaskets are ok and there's no excessive smoke coming from the exhaust. It does have 214,000 miles on it tho. Think it's just from the mileage being high?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!:Handshake:

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
for the low coolant issue...I had this same issue and mine turned out to be a tiny pinhole leak in upper and lower radiator hoses (check them!)

as for the fuel issues...all symptoms lead me to tell you to replace that pump and run some good fuel injector cleaner in there...maybe bad gas??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank