Just got tuned...OMG!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got the 93 tune. honestly ive been running 87 in it b/c gas costs so much. anyone know if this negates the tun altogether or just makes it not as good?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

oh, and my tune also won me a bet. buddy bet me dinner. he has a 2012 stang 5.0 and bet me i couldnt run it to 90+ mph in second gear. i hit 93 and got a free meal out of it =)

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You might be hearing some pinging, but the big downfall is, lower octane makes your MPGs go down.

OP
OP
CEN2MENTAL95

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Its hard for me to judge because I had my truck tuned up literally 2 days before going to see Justin and it was also my first time using 93. But I have to say pre tune and tune up I was getting 10-13. Now it appears to be more like 15

Yeah gas is expensive but the spread between 87 and 93 is maybe .30 a gallon and if u have to fill the whole tank at 27 gallons it only amounts to $8 more per fillup. Small price to pay for increased performance and fuel economy .

My $.02

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i got the 93 tune. honestly ive been running 87 in it b/c gas costs so much. anyone know if this negates the tun altogether or just makes it not as good?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

oh, and my tune also won me a bet. buddy bet me dinner. he has a 2012 stang 5.0 and bet me i couldnt run it to 90+ mph in second gear. i hit 93 and got a free meal out of it =)

only you could get away with this :nono:

Good to hear about the tune. I need to get in touch with them on something new that i have :secret:

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenna, so youre saying that by running the 93 I will get better mpg? if so it negates the price increase and ill start running 93.

Brandon, what do you have now?! Text me a pic of whatever it is. We need to get together...beers on me.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
Jenna, so youre saying that by running the 93 I will get better mpg? if so it negates the price increase and ill start running 93.

Brandon, what do you have now?! Text me a pic of whatever it is. We need to get together...beers on me.

i picked up a 07 tahoe. I was on business up in your neck of the woods today. If i had the time i would have hit you up but had to get there and back pretty quick.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also wondering how much better mpg's are with 93 v. 87 as i am looking to get a tune in the next few months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts