Just bought an 08 Tahoe 109,000 miles ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cedarsales

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought an O8 Tahoe 5.3 with 109000 Hyw miles for $16,500. I think I did alright as the truck is in excellent condition and runs like new. Should I be afraid of the miles? This is a 2nd owner truck.

Thanks

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on who the first owner was, but i'm sure you'll be alright. decent price depending on the trim package?

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you bought it from a gm dealer have them run a service log , to check for warranty work. i would change all the fluids, check the plugs,filters and you should be good to go .
Note: i had a 2008 tahoe, w/about the same mileage. But i could Not pass up the good deal on a new 2012. **** luck

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about it, as long as you checked it out real well it should last for a while. My stepmom has almost 225K on her suburban and it still tows two horses every week

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a butthole, but should you not have asked this before you bought the truck? :hands:

I think you have really nothing to worry about though, just start changing all the fluids. These things last a lot longer than a lot of people think.

I see a lot of GMT900's in heavy duty service with over 200,000 miles on them. They are run hard and have and very few problems.

Last edited:

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a little over 90k on mine and its running just as good as it did when it was new. I wouldnt trade it for the world.

twowheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As long as it was decently looked after by previous owner and you keep up w/maint you should be good. Don't let a little ****** turn into something big, fix them as they are needed and keep up your PM.

Bought my '07 at 95k and now has 112k with no major issues. (Although if I can't get the rear caliper bracket off to swap out rotors I may have to revise the "no issues" part) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso