Food for thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can wait, I would sometimes there are deals but that seems like regular covid pricing

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
So…lesson learned on this vehicle. I decided to run a Carfax on it this morning even though the dealer claims it’s a one owner with no accidents. He seems trustworthy. Carfax shows three previous owners and a major accident in 2017 with hits to the front, rear, and roof. I think it was either in a roll over or maybe a hail storm. He also said it has been in Texas its whole life. Also untrue. It lived in Colorado the New York until 2017. This is very annoying, and I’m having a hard time not being angry with the dealer over this. He’s a small mom and pop shop so I don’t understand why he’s blatantly lying. I would expect that from some of the big local dealers. Geez!! I’ll pass.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So…lesson learned on this vehicle. I decided to run a Carfax on it this morning even though the dealer claims it’s a one owner with no accidents. He seems trustworthy. Carfax shows three previous owners and a major accident in 2017 with hits to the front, rear, and roof. I think it was either in a roll over or maybe a hail storm. He also said it has been in Texas its whole life. Also untrue. It lived in Colorado the New York until 2017. This is very annoying, and I’m having a hard time not being angry with the dealer over this. He’s a small mom and pop shop so I don’t understand why he’s blatantly lying. I would expect that from some of the big local dealers. Geez!! I’ll pass.

You should wave the CarFax in his face and call him on his lying. Then write an online review and air that dirty laundry so others are aware.

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
You should wave the CarFax in his face and call him on his lying. Then write an online review and air that dirty laundry so others are aware.
That’s very tempting. I already called him on it, and he said that’s what the Autocheck said. I didn’t respond. Super annoying.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Wow! That sounds like some kind of parody commercial promoting CarFax, and with good reason. I’d contact Carfax with a copy of the friendly report he claims is one owner as a thank you for saving your time and money.

The best thing you can do is post up the VIN or last 8 of the vin and Google will do the rest. Every person who searches the interwebs on that VIN will be drawn to this series of threads and see the HiJinx he’s dolling out. His actions will speak louder than any words of criticism.

Mosska

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh, I had a similar one by the way! I literally just sold it. I put something like chevy 350 exhaust headers on then to make it look more interesting and sold it. It's not really a big deal, but with a good exhaust it looks a lot better and sells easier

Last edited:

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s very tempting. I already called him on it, and he said that’s what the Autocheck said. I didn’t respond. Super annoying.
You are not alone. Saw a 14 Suburban on line with 42K miles. Autocheck from dealer was clean but for some reason they also had a Carfax. Carfax said there was odometer tampering and it had at least 242K miles. Dealer never responded to my e-mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo