Food for thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m looking at buying a 2011 Suburban LT with Z71 package. It has 91k original miles, and it’s a one owner vehicle. It’s a slick ride, well kept, black on black. Even the heat/ac buttons on the dash look new. The vehicle has no mechanical issues and is in great cosmetic condition. It has lived in TX its whole life so no rust issues. The little dealer is asking $18.5k. That seems reasonable to me, but what do you guys think? Also, if I do buy it I’m gonna have to decide whether to keep my 2006 Tahoe Z71 with 156k miles that’s in excellent shape or sell my wife’s 2011 2WD Suburban with 153k miles. I’m thinking I will sell the 2011 just because the DOD scares me, and I feel like I could drive the 06 across the ocean if I needed to. I feel like the 06 is probably worth more as well. Neither vehicle has any leaks or mechanical issues. Just curious as to what you all think about the whole situation. TIA!
I would buy that if it was in Wisconsin.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on keeping the 06 and swapping the Burbans... While it's true that you might not NEED another 4WD, it's nice to have and not need vs need and not have. Plus the Z71 front end on the 900s (especially contrasted to the black paint) was perfection IMO.

I would say it would come down to the financial aspect. As dub mentioned, you should expect to have to do everything you would need to do to the wife's current one to that one shortly after buying it. If you are in a position to comfortably take on a payment and invest into some maintenance, I think that Z71 will be one worth keeping forever.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Just noticed that truck is 11-14 so it may have the HDD digital based Navi system. On top of it still being useable, it also accepts a $49 harness to allow BT music streaming that’s fully integrated into the factory phone BT streaming already in there.

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
Just noticed that truck is 11-14 so it may have the HDD digital based Navi system. On top of it still being useable, it also accepts a $49 harness to allow BT music streaming that’s fully integrated into the factory phone BT streaming already in there.
I need to look at that for sure! I’m sure she would love to be able to run BT!

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
Can you send me a link to the harness? I can’t seem to find anything on it.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all based on mileage, look at stuff with a hair over 100-120k for better prices, prices are dropping but interest rate is up.
aside from that you have to go and check everything to find the "one" these dealers do not care one iota
Not the mileage so much as the rust. Most trucks up here with that mileage are rusting in the seams and rear wheel houses. My 2010 has 85K miles and is just starting to bubble.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the mileage so much as the rust. Most trucks up here with that mileage are rusting in the seams and rear wheel houses. My 2010 has 85K miles and is just starting to bubble.
that's why I always tell you guys to come buy one on the west coast, fly over, drive it home or pay to have it transported. no rust here

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
As long as the Navi is the HDD or updated version where the XM module is not located in the Navi, but behind the glove box door for Tahoe, Burb & Yukon. The only exception is the Esky Navi where all 07-14 XM tuners are behind the glovebox door.

Can you send me a link to the harness? I can’t seem to find anything on it.

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
As long as the Navi is the HDD or updated version where the XM module is not located in the Navi, but behind the glove box door for Tahoe, Burb & Yukon. The only exception is the Esky Navi where all 07-14 XM tuners are behind the glovebox door.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz