it begins again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88T_GM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, sort of new here and enjoying the great info!

Purchased a 98 Yukon (Cornelius) this past December and it took some searching to find the right candidate. This is my 5th OBS truck, the plan is to keep this one in great shape and for a long time.
I will be posting pics to this thread as it progresses.

This is what Cornelius looked like in December the day I wrote the check. 106k miles on the ticker:

Cornelius.png

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jamie!!

Cornelius looks to be in awesome shape!! Nice color..Looking forward to see where you go with this..Nice find!!

OP
OP
88T_GM

88T_GM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Worked on getting the stuff of the sides over the weekend. Ion wheels and Nitto G2 going on Friday!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet score and low miles for that year. Look forward to updates!

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great lookin Hoe! Not very many miles for the year. You have done very well sir. Subscribing to the thread to check out your progress.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good! Love those wheels. I would remove the roof rack, pin stripes, mudflaps, running boards, moldings, and rockers (you're planning to remove to rockers anyway, right?), swap to smoothie bumpers, and black the windows and lights (swap for smoked). If I added anything, it'd be a cowl induction hood. I mean, it is your truck to do your own way, but those are my recommendations! LOL!

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it was 2WD from that pic. Forgot it was a 6 lug. The running boards could stay on, but I like nerf bars on 4WD's. Something like what I have. Mine has a 3" body lift. I want to see if I can modify them somewhat, to they're more tucked up by the body. They're in a place that makes them very functional for me to get into the truck, but they look like they're just floating out there. Though functional, they're less appealing to me. I'll upload a pic to show what I'm saying. Also, second thought on the roof rack. I would swap it for something a bit more aggressive, kinda like this.
F66004774.jpg

Further more. YES! Lift it to the sky! Go with a suspension lift that way it doesn't expose your frame as much. I would only use a body lift, if you absolutely NEED it for ground clearance. You don't need much of a lift with your current tire size. Maybe 4-5 inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE