CPO Issues - Hope the dealer will honor it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Equincy106

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello members. I recently purchased a 2022 Yukon AT4 last month. Great truck and we love it! Advertised as CPO. I have copies of the ad. In negotiating, the price breakdown given by the sales guy showed an additional $1,595 for CPO over the sticker price. I told him it was advertised CPO at that price and I would move forward at sticker if they removed the fee. He spoke with his manger and agreed to remove "the fee". Fast forward a couple of weeks. The CPO is not showing in the GM system. I called and asked him to enter it in and he said he would let me know when it was done. That was 15 days ago. He now is not taking my calls or texts. I left a message for the Used Sales Director today, so we will see tomorrow. I have copies of the original ad showing CPO and screenshots of the texts with the salesman agreeing to remove "the fee". The sales sheet shows "As Is" No Warranty as all do if you don't buy a warranty, but that is the dealers warranty not the factory warranty. I checked. My MIL has the exact same sheet and her caddy is deff. CPO.

Question is: Has anyone delt with this before? Any insight into how to handle this? Any advise is appreciated. Thank you!

OP
OP
E

Equincy106

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for that great advice there Walley! That is super helpful. Ass.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told him it was advertised CPO at that price and I would move forward at sticker if they removed the fee. He spoke with his manger and agreed to remove "the fee".

When you said you would move forward if they removed the fee did you specify that they would remove the fee but still sell you the vehicle as CPO?

When the manager agreed to remove the fee did they clarify they would remove it but still offer you the vehicle as CPO?

Fast forward a couple of weeks. The CPO is not showing in the GM system. I called and asked him to enter it in and he said he would let me know when it was done. That was 15 days ago. He now is not taking my calls or texts. I left a message for the Used Sales Director today, so we will see tomorrow. I have copies of the original ad showing CPO and screenshots of the texts with the salesman agreeing to remove "the fee".

Same question: Do your screen shots say he they will remove the fee AND still sell the vehicle as CPO?

The sales sheet shows "As Is" No Warranty as all do if you don't buy a warranty, but that is the dealers warranty not the factory warranty. I checked. My MIL has the exact same sheet and her caddy is deff. CPO.
Good Luck OP.

But if I’m being honest you’re probably floating down $hit creek without a paddle…

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that great advice there Walley! That is super helpful. Ass.
What I should do is ignore you. But, since I am actually a really nice person, I’ll make some suggestions.

Review all your paperwork from the sale/purchase of your vehicle. Somewhere on there in the Bill of Sale, either in the vehicle description or as a separate line item, it should say “Certified,” “CPO,” etc. if none of this appears in the final paperwork, it’s likely a hard sell that they honor your CPO.

I also thought when buying a CPO, you should have received a vehicle history report and copy of the 172 point inspection sheet. Did you receive these?

Lastly, as mentioned above, when searching the active warranties, it should show it included.

Now, if you truly believe you bought this thing with a GM CPO warranty attached, and they failed to actually register it; my advice would be to actually go to the dealer, and ask to meet with the used car manager and the finance manager (at the same time), take your paperwork with you, calmly engage in a conversation, recalling what you remember about the deal, and ask what they remember. Hopefully it’s an honest mistake about them failing to process the paperwork and the rectify it for you.

If not, and you truly believe the deal included CPO, I’d file a case with GM, and advise the sales manager and finance manager of your intent to do so.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ve never been to a dealership where the CPO vehicles have a premium to pay for the CPO / Inspection that’s (already been done) not included in the MSRP.

You can’t unring that CPO bell once it’s released in an advertisement unless it’s clearly addressed in the contract. The F&I guy @ that dealership is going to get a visit from the DA

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never been to a dealership where the CPO vehicles have a premium to pay for the CPO / Inspection that’s (already been done) not included in the MSRP.

You can’t unring that CPO bell once it’s released in an advertisement unless it’s clearly addressed in the contract. The F&I guy @ that dealership is going to get a visit from the DA
the problem is now dealers deceptively advertise a <dealer> certified vehicle, they are a legit gmc dealer but theyre just saying since <our dealership> is so trustworthy you should trust we know how good this car is...its not an official GMC CPO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019